• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Arlen Specter says we need a woman or other minority on the SCOTUS in the name of diversity.

Listening to Michael Savager (Weiner) a few months back, he brought up a good point. In San Fran, the city council tried to balance things by having a Black, Handicap, Lesbian, Asian (can we not say oriental any more?), Hispanic, etc. All in the name of diversity.

He then said, how is this diverse? They were all liberal democrats.

As were were told as kids, never judge a book by it's cover.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Diversity, my *ss. The original intent of the Supreme Court was to Interpret the Constitution. It didn't have anything to do with diversity, or checking to see what the Europeans were doing. It has been politically destroyed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    Diversity, my *ss. The original intent of the Supreme Court was to Interpret the Constitution. It didn't have anything to do with diversity, or checking to see what the Europeans were doing. It has been politically destroyed.

Sorry, to be contrarian, but as the Constitution was written in ENGLISH, no interpretation is required. It merely requires proper definition and enforcement.

I'm really fed up with people talking about INTERPRETING the Constitution as if it were written in foreign gobbledygook.

Oh, and with regards, to Arlen Specter, as far as I'm concerned, declaring himself a Democrat is the most honest thing he's ever done. Because he's been a RINO for years.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Interpreting

I'm not going to argue semantics with you---that is a throwback to an American history teacher many years ago. In reference to Mr. Spector--I had previously chastised senator Cornyn via email for supporting Spector. After he defected, I tried to email Cornyn again to say "I told you so", but my email was blocked.

Top Bottom