• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I am contemplating getting a second AR 15 in .223. I already have a Bushmaster and will get another manufacture’s.

For those of you who own 2 or more AR’s in the same caliber, WHY?
    I have my reasons but they are not convincing enough for me to make the plunge.
    Target Sports

glock9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I've built 10 over the past few years. Actually 7 since Obongo assumed the throne.

1 6.8spc SPR (the deer slayer)
    1 9mm 7" suppressed SBR
    1 5.56 10" SBR
    1 dedicate 7" 22cal SBR
    1 light weight magpul clad 5.56 for the Wifey
    1 14.5" 5.56 M4
    1 16" M4 with ARMS SIR
    3 16" 5.56 M4s for when the SHTF

a44mag4dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not?

In the end, The man with the most toys, Dies happiest!!!

I too plan on having two in .223, The Colt I have now is set up for long range, I plan on buying a M4 kit when I return to build for HD, truck gun, and maybe some 3gun comps.

Then stocking as much ammo and I can get, or as much as the old lady will let me store in the closet of hers.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm headed in the other direction. Just about done with a suppressed .300 whisper & now thinking SBR in 6.8. I guess the mini 14 & Steyr AUG are all the .223 I need.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    This is an interestng question.

More uppers v. More lowers complete rifles.

I have both.

One reason for separate lowers is to configure them for different purposes.

I.e. Different trigger groups. Different stocks

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    I own 2 ARs in 5.56: I have an 11.5 SBR w EOTech for fun (going to try it next Saturday in a carbine match,) and a service rifle clone. I was issued an A2 in the Army, and I've always had a desire to fire a standard service rifle since separating 10 years ago.

I've considered building a scoped 5.56, but I already have a 6.8 for distance shooting.

When it comes to firearms, just remember: 2 = 1, 1 = 0. :p

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I have two, my goal is to set one up for tactical and the other for long range..

I actually had 3-ARs but sold the 6.8 spc because ammon was so expensive and hard to find. As someone else posted......my two remaining are both 5.56 and one is box stock that I enjoy shooting with open-sights. The other is tricked out with scope, light, laser, bi-pods etc and this one I enjoy shooting long range.

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    Two is one and one is none. The first might go down, IE; catastrophic failure. If I could afford it I would have another AR set up exactly like my first.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I have 3. My long range, .50 BMG Bohica upper on a Double Star lower. Mid range, Per ban Colt H-Bar. Close in, Olympic upper in .45 acp on a Bozooka Brothers lower using 30 round grease gun mags. MG

crazy_taco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    El Paso
    Meh. It's up to preference really. Guys that like AR's will have several of them. Me personally, I like AK's better. They are more interesting to build, and can look pretty if done right. I have a few of them. But I also have one complete AR, and two on the way. All of them will be .223. Why? One will be long range, one will be a carbine, and the other will be my SBR. I might get an upper in 6.8.

cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Right now I have 5 AR's.

1) LaRue lower & LaRue 18" Stealth upper, Gisselle trigger, Nikon 2.5x10 Monarch X, Magpul UBR, & just waiting for paperwork on suppressor to be approved.
    2) Rock River Entry Tactical, Daniel Defense 9.5" quad rail handguard, Magpul CTR, ACOG TA33-8
    3) Rock River 6.8 spc CAR.
    4) Stag Mod 2 (FOR SALE, new never fired built for a buddy who ended up winning a rifle)
    5) Double Star CAR (For Sale, never fired)

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    LWRC M6A2 5.56/.223
    Rock River LAR9 9mm SBR
    Rock River lower w/ YHM upper and Daniel Defense rail 5.56/.223
    Rock River Pistol lower w/ an 11.5" POF piston upper 5.56/.223
    Bushmaster 5.56/.223 (bought for my Dad)
    Thinking about building an SBR in .458 SOCOM

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I would like to be able to afford more than 1 AR like ConnRadd said above, it would be nice to have one setup for long range and one setup for defense.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    For my first AR, I bought a Colt LE6920, because many think that it is the best M4 carbine type out there (although some do not like Colt for other reasons). I put an EOTech, Magpul stock and "BUIS", and Battle Grip on it. Fast acquisition, short-range setup.

For the second, after learning more about the AR platform, I wanted to build one with exactly what I wanted. Built the lower from CMMG parts and ordered one of their mid-length uppers then used my Colt stock and carry handle. Thinking about adding a scope for a longer range setup in the near future.

Top Bottom