• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I bought 3 semi automatic pistols at the same time last year at Carter Country in Houston. 1 4473 and 1 recite for all 3 firearms was the only paperwork involved. They didn’t say they were going to report it to the ATF and I really wouldn’t have given a shit if they had.
    ARJ Defense ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Twice I have bought 2 handguns in a single transaction and they put them both on the 4473 and I didn't see any other forms.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    We didn't fill them out till the end of t he day...but had to be done same day as 4473 to keep them happy. Customer didn't have to sign or give any additional info over what was on 4473. That's why a lot of buyers don't even know about them. Mostly a pain in the butt.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    So, in theory (as they say) I can buy a handgun from one gun shop, go to another to get a second handgun and a third for the 9mm AK ... right?

Reactions: gll

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    According to my local FFL, if you buy more than 1 gun per week, he has to report it to the ATF.

"Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers, or ATF Form 3310.4, is a form prescribed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) for use by firearm dealers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) to report when an unlicensed person purchases or acquires two or more handguns at one time or during five consecutive business days.

After a rule promulgated under the Obama administration in the wake of the ATF gunwalking scandal in 2011, FFL holders in states bordering MexicoArizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas — have also been required to report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles with a caliber greater than .22 that are capable of accepting a detachable magazine on a Form 3310.12."
    Screw you , Obama ! You and Eric Effing Holder engineered the gun walking. You should BOTH be in the damn Pen.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    SC,

If it's not illegal, how would it look shady?

I can think of a number of reasons someone might buy from 3 different gun shops, even on the same day.

This 'might look shady concern' reminds me of a couple u-tube videos I recently watched where some guy is standing on a public sidewalk, videotaping and not breaking the law.

Cops ask him what he's doing.

He responds with: Am I doing any illegal?

Cops: No, but you're making people uncomfortable...you got an ID?

Videographer responds: Am I being detained or arrested?

Cops: No

Videographer: Then I don't care or have to give you my ID.

And it goes on like this.

Kinda like one of the favorite subjects on the site regarding selling and BOS's.

If something isn't illegal, I don't care if someone thinks it's 'shady' what they need to do is move along and mind their own business and leave me the fk alone...

PS, I'm not the video guy, just see his point, though I view deliberately messing with L.E. is a dick move, but if doing something perfectly legal and they don't like it, too bad...get lost.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom