Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hey Ben, you heard Linda sing this one?
    Of course. I love pretty much everything she ever recorded.

Funny coincidence - I just got back from grocery shopping and the last song to come on the radio in my car was "Love is a Rose." I turned that sucker up (almost) full blast. Her voice just does something for me that I can't explain.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One of my daughters used to listen to this girl. Interesting take on Yellow Brick Road.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Did you see her in the live version of Jesus Christ, Superstar that was broadcast on NBC a while back? Amazing performance.

Beautiful voice and delivery, even more so due to the lack of vocal fireworks, taken to extreme these days.

And I'm jaded after recording so many female vocalist.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Beautiful voice and delivery, even more so due to the lack of vocal fireworks, taken to extreme these days.

And I'm jaded after recording so many female vocalist.
    What gets me is that if there were any technical touch-ups done to her voice, they had to be done by a very skilled operator riding the console in real time. I sorta doubt that happened. I think it's more likely she's just an awesome talent.

Heck, if you haven't seen it that whole production is worth watching. The guy that gets the best part in that play (Judas, for the folks who aren't familiar with it) does a great job of chewing the scenery while still delivering great vocals.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What gets me is that if there were any technical touch-ups done to her voice, they had to be done by a very skilled operator riding the console in real time. I sorta doubt that happened. I think it's more likely she's just an awesome talent.

Heck, if you haven't seen it that whole production is worth watching. The guy that gets the best part in that play (Judas, for the folks who aren't familiar with it) does a great job of chewing the scenery while still delivering great vocals.

You're right. Being keen to pitch, was once pretty good at detecting use of Autotune on vocals, especially live, female vocals.

Not so much these days, but I don't detect any of the usual artifacts of vocal processing on her vocals ... although by the time YouTube gets finished with an upload its been hammered pretty good, but that can make any artifacts more obvious.

Vocals sound pure, spot on pitch and very enjoyable over my longtime, favorite console reference monitors, now in my home office, used for many an album and recording project ... although I have to crank'er up more these days. ;)

She's an extraordinary vocalist, without the contrived pyrotechnics.

Glad you guys pointed her out ...

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Band of Heathens, one of my favorite Texas groups of the 21st century.

Gordy Quist, who I recorded when he was still in college, before BOH was formed, was one of those singer/songwriters you instantly knew had the talent, along with the drive, to make some great music.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I keep circling around back to this one. I love the harmonies between Sheryl and & Grace.

Top Bottom