• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Between that infamous credit line and her earlier appearance in Penthouse which somehow got worked into every conversation back then, I think everyone behind Berlin tried way too hard to use sex to sell albums.

Still, the music was wonderful. My fave:

Ben, it was the 1980's! I think a lot of things were using sex to sell their products. Music just being one of them. It was the time of MTV too and music videos were still in their infancy, and I'm sure sex appeal was used in those videos to sell more albums.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben, it was the 1980's!
    Yeah, I know. But even back then I thought Terri Nunn was a good enough vocalist to sell albums on her own merits. She sang for other bands and did very well. In order to market Berlin, Enigma (I think it was Enigma but my memory isn't what it used to be.) didn't need to repeatedly mention she appeared in Penthouse when she was 16 nor did they need to credit her on the album as: "Terri Nunn: Vocals, BJs".

Back in the day, that stuff slightly bugged me. As an old fart, it bugs me a little more.

But just a little. :)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yeah, I know. But even back then I thought Terri Nunn was a good enough vocalist to sell albums on her own merits. She sang for other bands and did very well. In order to market Berlin, Enigma (I think it was Enigma but my memory isn't what it used to be.) didn't need to repeatedly mention she appeared in Penthouse when she was 16 nor did they need to credit her on the album as: "Terri Nunn: Vocals, BJs".

Back in the day, that stuff slightly bugged me. As an old fart, it bugs me a little more.

But just a little. :)

But, we were also much younger in the 1980's as well! Trust me, even my morals were much looser back then, and I did enjoy seeing barely clothed pretty girls!

I use to really enjoy watching the ZZ Top videos, with the pretty girls, the 1934 Ford and the rock music. Now, those ladies have gotten much older, the car is still sort of cool, but dated, and the music is considered classic rock!

Top Bottom