• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wezel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    I haven't yet. Maybe none of the venues so far have scared me enough.

Also, some of the other band members might freak out if they saw my piece.

If you do; on your body or in your gig bag?
    Lynx Defense

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i've made it pretty discreet.

IMG_2033-small.jpg

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Not a musician, but as long as it was legal (no 51%, 06, etc), I would carry (I carry everywhere I legally can). No way would I leave it in a bag anywhere. It is either on my person, locked in my vehicle (not ideal, but at times can't be helped), or at home. Too much of a chance of it going missing, plus, it really does no good if you have to spend time trying to get to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can't think of any good reason not to carry everywhere it is allowed.
    You mentioned freaking out your band mates, just CC.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    by your definition, you might be.

I've never performed before, but have been playing guitar since 1994.

i typically dont carry when I play, because my guitars don't leave my office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    100% of my playing in public is at church.

Before I joined the praise team, I carried 100% of the time at church — either IWB or pocket carry in my slacks. The two problems I've found is now that I'm up on stage with everyone watching, I'm insecure with a bulgy pocket and the IWB isn't comfortable with my guitar, the sights can wear holes in my shirt from rubbing and eventually scratch my guitar.

I probably need to take the time and figure something out. Hopefully my preacher, my FIL or any of the other LTC holders in the congregation have my back and I don't have to use my guitar as a shield/weapon.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I appreciate all your comments but I've yet to hear from a fellow musician. Am I the only musician with a CCL on this forum?

I used to play in a band and do shows but I never had a gig where it wasn't at a bar or place that didn't have 51% sign. I would have my gun with me but left it in the car locked up.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ...private parties...
    Well, I always carry when I clown for a birthday party or officiate a wedding.

I appreciate all your comments but I've yet to hear from a fellow musician.
    What difference does that make? There's always someone in public that might freak out if they knew you were carrying. If that bothers you, then open carrying is not advised. Concealed is concealed ;)

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Do you consider a mobile DJ a musician? If so, it depends on the location. But, in most cases, if I know I can I will. But, as stated, many of the rental venues are VFW's, American Legions, etc. where they are 51% posted. But there was this one wedding at a fancy car museum where I open carried....

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    100% of my playing in public is at church.

Before I joined the praise team, I carried 100% of the time at church — either IWB or pocket carry in my slacks. The two problems I've found is now that I'm up on stage with everyone watching, I'm insecure with a bulgy pocket and the IWB isn't comfortable with my guitar, the sights can wear holes in my shirt from rubbing and eventually scratch my guitar.

I probably need to take the time and figure something out. Hopefully my preacher, my FIL or any of the other LTC holders in the congregation have my back and I don't have to use my guitar as a shield/weapon.

I used to carry a P97 to church in the front pocket of my pleated Dockers...believe me, folks just don't notice. Nobody wants to be seen gawking at a guy's pants, anyways. Maybe those mentioned are sitting out there thinking YOU have THEM covered...and aren't carrying. My youngest plays drums on the praise team and always carries a full-sized Colt 1911 and 2 spares...shirt-tail out.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The fact that I could kill you with my Fender bass and it wouldn't even go out of tune ... what do you think? ;)

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    :green:
    Do you consider a mobile DJ a musician? If so, it depends on the location. But, in most cases, if I know I can I will. But, as stated, many of the rental venues are VFW's, American Legions, etc. where they are 51% posted. But there was this one wedding at a fancy car museum where I open carried....
    Wow. Was anyone else open carrying? :green:

Top Bottom