• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I agree about avoiding the Mitt Romney’s but disagree with most of what you posted.

Though I like Rand, he’s not close to how epic his old man was and at times misses the mark by miles in his debates.

Inviting people that see the light is what we need to be doing. You think people that switch over to republic are suddenly going to see the world from our perspective? The republicans are filled with swamp creatures also. A politician has no more value to me than a used car salesmen. Older I’m getting I don’t care how far off the mark a former democrat turned republican is. Just look at this forum and all the different opinions people have but most of us love guns and I assume would die before giving up that property.

If we don’t welcome people aboard and wish them well on that self discovering journey they are on, we are no better than democrats.
    Yeah. Rand isn’t perfect. He just quickly came to mind as one of the less shitty ones.

My gripe about people moving to the Republican Party for the wrong reasons has more to do with the long game though. switching parties because you don’t enjoy someone’s company while drinking beer, while still sharing the same political views as them just ends with two parties that both share the same liberal views. The only difference is you have the nice parent and the mean parent, but at the end of the day, they both working toward the same goal. I want people to switch parties because they have seen how bad of an idea it is to have open borders, how much government overreach there was with covid lockdowns, what happens when you are prevented from exercising your constitutionally protected right to protect yourself. That raising taxes and giving away everything for “free” has consequences. I have no use for people who are ok with all of that stuff, and just want to see an R next to it instead of a D.
    DK Firearms

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah. Rand isn’t perfect. He just quickly came to mind as one of the less shitty ones.

My gripe about people moving to the Republican Party for the wrong reasons has more to do with the long game though. switching parties because you don’t enjoy someone’s company while drinking beer, while still sharing the same political views as them just ends with two parties that both share the same liberal views. The only difference is you have the nice parent and the mean parent, but at the end of the day, they both working toward the same goal. I want people to switch parties because they have seen how bad of an idea it is to have open borders, how much government overreach there was with covid lockdowns, what happens when you are prevented from exercising your constitutionally protected right to protect yourself. That raising taxes and giving away everything for “free” has consequences. I have no use for people who are ok with all of that stuff, and just want to see an R next to it instead of a D.
    All logical worries. One difference is historically, mostly, Republicans have done more good for humanity and nature. Some people; you just gotta remind them and welcome what you don’t like and hope what you have to share with them rubs off on em.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

People switching has nothing to do with if they want to drink beer with someone. It has to do with schools grooming their kids and hiding it from the parents and a party that refuses to say what a woman is. You think Musk doesn’t consider all the Dem BS when he gets roasted for talking about what he calls the mind virus?

Your opinion of the long game won’t matter if you push back on people who want to vote against the insanity. You’ll never make it to the long game. And it’s true the R party is getting lots of pressure to change, but the change being pushed is more libertarian and small government (not garbage official Libertarian party semi no borders dreamworld version)

If someone tells you they want to vote R because the Dems have gone so far over the cliff it’s pushed them away, you should be welcoming them and helping to get them completely off the koolaid, not telling them why they shouldn’t vote against the Dems.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    People switching has nothing to do with if they want to drink beer with someone. It has to do with schools grooming their kids and hiding it from the parents and a party that refuses to say what a woman is. You think Musk doesn’t consider all the Dem BS when he gets roasted for talking about what he calls the mind virus?

Your opinion of the long game won’t matter if you push back on people who want to vote against the insanity. You’ll never make it to the long game. And it’s true the R party is getting lots of pressure to change, but the change being pushed is more libertarian and small government (not garbage official Libertarian party semi no borders dreamworld version)

If someone tells you they want to vote R because the Dems have gone so far over the cliff it’s pushed them away, you should be welcoming them and helping to get them completely off the koolaid, not telling them why they shouldn’t vote against the Dems.
    not sure what “all the dem bs” is. The dem party today is pushing for the same things that it was back when he voted for Obama. He likes their stance. He doesn’t like their personality.

If a “Republican” told you that they voted for Hillary/Biden because trump isn’t presidential, would you take that as believing they changed all of their political beliefs because of trumps behavior?

And what do you mean I won’t make it to the long game? Dems are dominating the long game because conservatives aren’t worried about it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    not sure what “all the dem bs” is. The dem party today is pushing for the same things that it was back when he voted for Obama. He likes their stance. He doesn’t like their personality.

If a “Republican” told you that they voted for Hillary/Biden because trump isn’t presidential, would you take that as believing they changed all of their political beliefs because of trumps behavior?

And what do you mean I won’t make it to the long game? Dems are dominating the long game because conservatives aren’t worried about it.

No, Obama pretended to be something far less radical than while running for office. Even in his second term he didn’t remove the mask completely. I know of more than one 2 term Obama voter who didn’t see past his media face until the second term when he started doing things in the open. People who voted for him that made statements about how he seemed to be trying to destroy the country.

Your stance is taking the same path that is now destroying the left. No one is allowed to move forward, their political sins are unforgivable, and unless they are willing to give their self completely to your ideology they aren’t welcome. That mindset on the left is driving people away and making them open to hearing new ideas. A mindset like yours will drive them right back to the left.

As far as Dems dominating the long game, I’m going to disagree. They started playing for culture decades ago and were succeeding. But they’ve overplayed their hand. The culture war is swinging to a more conservative/libertarian view. And culture is the long game. Lots of conservatives have taken active roles, and even old school liberals. You’ve got people like Shapiro with Daily Wire pushing out full production movies. Tim Pool about to release a childrens show. Netflix laying off their woke staff because they are hemorrhaging subscribers and if you watched the Special Ricky Gervais just released you’d see that they aren’t willing to lose any more money for the whole minority. After 2 new Star Trek series went full woke and sucked their is now a 3rd that seems to be moving away from the nonsense, as well as The Orville being picked up again by Hulu (lots of political incorrectness) after being cancelled several years ago.

Signs point to the tides changing in the culture war.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Agreed. Mostly...I still think antifa should get free helicopter rides.

Day and age of different voters being friends and having a beer seems over but one of my beer buddies is a democrat.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    No, Obama pretended to be something far less radical than while running for office. Even in his second term he didn’t remove the mask completely. I know of more than one 2 term Obama voter who didn’t see past his media face until the second term when he started doing things in the open. People who voted for him that made statements about how he seemed to be trying to destroy the country.

Your stance is taking the same path that is now destroying the left. No one is allowed to move forward, their political sins are unforgivable, and unless they are willing to give their self completely to your ideology they aren’t welcome. That mindset on the left is driving people away and making them open to hearing new ideas. A mindset like yours will drive them right back to the left.

As far as Dems dominating the long game, I’m going to disagree. They started playing for culture decades ago and were succeeding. But they’ve overplayed their hand. The culture war is swinging to a more conservative/libertarian view. And culture is the long game. Lots of conservatives have taken active roles, and even old school liberals. You’ve got people like Shapiro with Daily Wire pushing out full production movies. Tim Pool about to release a childrens show. Netflix laying off their woke staff because they are hemorrhaging subscribers and if you watched the Special Ricky Gervais just released you’d see that they aren’t willing to lose any more money for the whole minority. After 2 new Star Trek series went full woke and sucked their is now a 3rd that seems to be moving away from the nonsense, as well as The Orville being picked up again by Hulu (lots of political incorrectness) after being cancelled several years ago.

Signs point to the tides changing in the culture war.
    If someone couldn’t se who Obama was until his second term or later that is their fault. It was pretty clear at the time.

And you misunderstand what my stance is. What my stance really is, is that I don’t care what political party people choose to affiliate with, because it doesn’t mean they hold certain views on any subject. You saying I will “drive them back to the left” proves my point. Nothing I have said here influences how they feel about immigration, government handouts, gun control, etc, and those are the things that matter.

You’re also reading too much into the Netflix thing. Netflix had a good earnings report. They lost some subscribers(hardly “hemorrhaging”) because they are coming off a time when people were staying home and watching Netflix, and now there are plenty of other streaming services to choose from.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If someone couldn’t se who Obama was until his second term or later that is their fault. It was pretty clear at the time.

I think this shows how little you understand real people and that you aren’t really taking the time to see things through any lens but your own. Many 2 term Obama voters became Trump voters. Not just because Hillary was a terrible candidate, but because Obama has spent his second term driving voters away with his divisive comments.

And you misunderstand what my stance is. What my stance really is, is that I don’t care what political party people choose to affiliate with, because it doesn’t mean they hold certain views on any subject.

The party someone affiliates with is going to be the party they vote for in almost all cases. Regardless of their views on any single subject.

You saying I will “drive them back to the left” proves my point. Nothing I have said here influences how they feel about immigration, government handouts, gun control, etc, and those are the things that matter.

When someone starts moving towards the right for whatever reason, it’s an opportunity to gain another vote against the left as well as an opportunity to help them see through the lies they’ve been conditioned to believe. When you say we don’t need “X” kind of person to vote Republican you are throwing away opportunities by pushing those people back in to the arms of the MSM and leftists.

And in the case of someone like Musk, you have the odd eccentric billionaire who builds electric cars and a goofy looking truck, space ships, a crappy flame thrower (propane torch), and says crazy and often funny shit on Twitter. He’s also looked up to by a lot of young people who often copy the people they look up to. In a world that constantly screams the right is evil, you got this guy telling a generation of young Americans he’s gonna vote for right wing candidates and the left is nuts. The media attacking him for it will just give them another reason to stop listening to media lies. It’s a win for the right, we WANT his vote.

You’re also reading too much into the Netflix thing. Netflix had a good earnings report. They lost some subscribers(hardly “hemorrhaging”) because they are coming off a time when people were staying home and watching Netflix, and now there are plenty of other streaming services to choose from.

Netflix’s biggest losses were from customers with accounts for 3 years or more. Pre-Covid memberships. Shortly after this came out Netflix sent out a memo telling it’s woke employees to get bent. And shortly after that the Ricky Gervais special is released (hilarious by the way, I recommend it). Netflix went from pandering to the woke minority to telling them to F off. Sure, they’ll probably still release some woke stuff, but it seems they’ve figured out they have lost a good number of memberships due to their pandering to a woke minority. I don’t think they are driving culture, but things like this show which way the tide is moving. Netflix wouldn’t take this stance if they thought the leftist ideology was dominant among their customer base.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

None of them are perfect and none will be. And that is part of the problem today.

A politician doesn't match 100% of someone's personal agenda and they just completely trash the politician.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think this shows how little you understand real people and that you aren’t really taking the time to see things through any lens but your own. Many 2 term Obama voters became Trump voters. Not just because Hillary was a terrible candidate, but because Obama has spent his second term driving voters away with his divisive comments.

The party someone affiliates with is going to be the party they vote for in almost all cases. Regardless of their views on any single subject.

When someone starts moving towards the right for whatever reason, it’s an opportunity to gain another vote against the left as well as an opportunity to help them see through the lies they’ve been conditioned to believe. When you say we don’t need “X” kind of person to vote Republican you are throwing away opportunities by pushing those people back in to the arms of the MSM and leftists.

And in the case of someone like Musk, you have the odd eccentric billionaire who builds electric cars and a goofy looking truck, space ships, a crappy flame thrower (propane torch), and says crazy and often funny shit on Twitter. He’s also looked up to by a lot of young people who often copy the people they look up to. In a world that constantly screams the right is evil, you got this guy telling a generation of young Americans he’s gonna vote for right wing candidates and the left is nuts. The media attacking him for it will just give them another reason to stop listening to media lies. It’s a win for the right, we WANT his vote.

Netflix’s biggest losses were from customers with accounts for 3 years or more. Pre-Covid memberships. Shortly after this came out Netflix sent out a memo telling it’s woke employees to get bent. And shortly after that the Ricky Gervais special is released (hilarious by the way, I recommend it). Netflix went from pandering to the woke minority to telling them to F off. Sure, they’ll probably still release some woke stuff, but it seems they’ve figured out they have lost a good number of memberships due to their pandering to a woke minority. I don’t think they are driving culture, but things like this show which way the tide is moving. Netflix wouldn’t take this stance if they thought the leftist ideology was dominant among their customer base.
    I watched both of his comedy specials that are NetFlix last night. I knew he was comedian, but really never had seen anything of him before. He was frigging hilarious.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

Whether or not I understand “real people” doesn’t really matter here. I’m just telling you how it is. Can you tell me exactly how many voters changed their views on gun control, immigration? Etc because of Obama? If not, none of what you say matters.

You might as well drop the Netflix argument. It holds no water. Netflix earnings statement did not say in their earnings report that their “biggest losses were from customers with accounts for 3 years or more”. That information came from a 3rd party and they said 13% of the cancellations were people customers for 3 or more years. So 13% of .2%, if accurate. That would mean that the 3+ year customers who cancelled their memberships made up .026% of Netflix’s customer base. What was in their earnings statement is that they cancelled all services in Russia which accounted for a 700k subscriber loss. So if not for that, they would have been +500k, which is still short of their expectations. But the point is, your statements about peoples feelings toward Netflix are not backed by facts.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    None of them are perfect and none will be. And that is part of the problem today.

A politician doesn't match 100% of someone's personal agenda and they just completely trash the politician.
    I get that. But a liberal is a liberal. Doesn’t matter whether they tell me they are Democrat, reoublican, libertarian, independent, or anything else. A label is just a label.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I get that. But a liberal is a liberal. Doesn’t matter whether they tell me they are Democrat, reoublican, libertarian, independent, or anything else. A label is just a label.
    Not sure you do, based on your comment on Rand Paul.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Whether or not I understand “real people” doesn’t really matter here. I’m just telling you how it is. Can you tell me exactly how many voters changed their views on gun control, immigration? Etc because of Obama? If not, none of what you say matters.

You might as well drop the Netflix argument. It holds no water. Netflix earnings statement did not say in their earnings report that their “biggest losses were from customers with accounts for 3 years or more”. That information came from a 3rd party and they said 13% of the cancellations were people customers for 3 or more years. So 13% of .2%, if accurate. That would mean that the 3+ year customers who cancelled their memberships made up .026% of Netflix’s customer base. What was in their earnings statement is that they cancelled all services in Russia which accounted for a 700k subscriber loss. So if not for that, they would have been +500k, which is still short of their expectations. But the point is, your statements about peoples feelings toward Netflix are not backed by facts.

It matters when it’s the difference Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton becoming the president.

And if you had paid attention you would have seen the multiple times I’ve said to use this as an opportunity to guide people away from ideas they’ve been spoon fed lies about their whole lives. Many people don’t really have views on gun control or immigration, or any other single issue. They’ve only been beat over the with “Dems good, Rs racist rich people” their whole lives. You seem to forget that the vast majority of people are low information voters and only know what gets said on CNN while they are standing in line at a gas station.

I’m fine with dropping the Netflix topic. You seem to be missing the point anyways.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It matters when it’s the difference Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton becoming the president.

And if you had paid attention you would have seen the multiple times I’ve said to use this as an opportunity to guide people away from ideas they’ve been spoon fed lies about their whole lives. Many people don’t really have views on gun control or immigration, or any other single issue. They’ve only been beat over the with “Dems good, Rs racist rich people” their whole lives. You seem to forget that the vast majority of people are low information voters and only know what gets said on CNN while they are standing in line at a gas station.

I’m fine with dropping the Netflix topic. You seem to be missing the point anyways.
    Switching parties doesn’t mean someone would vote for trump. Those new republicans may have been Chris Christie supporters in 2016 before deciding to vote for someone else in the general election. Prioritizing the party is how Republican politicians continue to screw over voters time and time again. voters will support republicans because they are republicans and pay no attention to the fact that they are critical of democrats doing the same things. If people realize their views are wrong, Ok, that’s fine. But politics is more than just party line.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Switching parties doesn’t mean someone would vote for trump. Those new republicans may have been Chris Christie supporters in 2016 before deciding to vote for someone else in the general election. Prioritizing the party is how Republican politicians continue to screw over voters time and time again. voters will support republicans because they are republicans and pay no attention to the fact that they are critical of democrats doing the same things. If people realize their views are wrong, Ok, that’s fine. But politics is more than just party line.

You are missing the point because you are stuck on making “Republican” a party line issue. Trump want following any party line. Plenty of R reps don’t toe the party line.

The idea that republicans and democrats are the same doesn’t really hold water. Yes, the Republican Party has problems, but a very quick and easy check of who’s voting for what will show some pretty large differences. There are areas where things cross over. Shitty bills get passed. But to pretend they are the same is ridiculous. And currently there is no better alternative with Libertarians just being open borders socialists and the Green Party being much of the same.

And no, it’s established that Obama voters switched to Trump. Chris Christie is irrelevant. They voted for Trump in the general election.

Don’t put people who could be weened off the koolaid through a purity test. Befriend them and guide them. Let Musk use his cultural sway to bring younger generations over and bash holes in the MSM narrative. Don’t fight things that help us.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You are missing the point because you are stuck on making “Republican” a party line issue. Trump want following any party line. Plenty of R reps don’t toe the party line.

The idea that republicans and democrats are the same doesn’t really hold water. Yes, the Republican Party has problems, but a very quick and easy check of who’s voting for what will show some pretty large differences. There are areas where things cross over. Shitty bills get passed. But to pretend they are the same is ridiculous. And currently there is no better alternative with Libertarians just being open borders socialists and the Green Party being much of the same.

And no, it’s established that Obama voters switched to Trump. Chris Christie is irrelevant. They voted for Trump in the general election.

Don’t put people who could be weened off the koolaid through a purity test. Befriend them and guide them. Let Musk use his cultural sway to bring younger generations over and bash holes in the MSM narrative. Don’t fight things that help us.
    then I look forward to you proving me wrong by telling me all about which of his political views have changed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    then I look forward to you proving me wrong by telling me all about which of his political views have changed.

Still not getting it.

His political views don’t matter, aside from the fact that they are so misaligned with democrats that he will vote against them. And he told everyone he was going to do it. This opens the door for a lot of young people who look up to him but have been indoctrinated to believe the lies.

Those young people are the ones who matter. Musk already did his part.

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This inability to grasp how to use culture and cultural icons is what allowed leftist ideology to become so prevalent.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Musk has been red pilled in a sense. Many democrats have gone so far left that Musk can now identify more closely to the right, and I appreciate that he can see that. I don't like Joe Manchin, but I can appreciate that he's not so far left that he'll screw his constituents over a bad bill to maintain an ideology.

I may not agree with all of Musk's views, but it's good to see that those that would have been considered democrats in the past are not so far gone to the left that they can't see through the BS of the democrats of today. I only hope it wakes up more to the woke.

Top Bottom