• ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Still not getting it.

His political views don’t matter, aside from the fact that they are so misaligned with democrats that he will vote against them. And he told everyone he was going to do it. This opens the door for a lot of young people who look up to him but have been indoctrinated to believe the lies.

Those young people are the ones who matter. Musk already did his part.
    You’re still completely missing the point. I have nothing left to say on this.
    Hurley's Gold

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    He isn't even changing parties. He is just stating an intention to VOTE Republican in the upcoming elections.

We should never discourage anyone from voting conservative.
    Fair enough. Changing parties was my words not his. The point remains though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think if pelosi made the same comments people would have a much different view.

Musk is not Pelosi. If she said it we would just assume she was drunk and confused as usual.

But to the point, it almost seems as if you would prefer democrats win to having anyone you don’t agree with vote for a Republican candidate. It makes absolutely zero sense. Even with whatever fears you might have about primaries (which typically have extremely low turnout) it doesn’t make sense.

If the staunchest, most left wing person I could think of came to me and said they were going to vote for a Republican in November I wouldn’t even consider talking them out of it. Find one that’s worse than the left wingers currently in power.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Musk is not Pelosi. If she said it we would just assume she was drunk and confused as usual.

But to the point, it almost seems as if you would prefer democrats win to having anyone you don’t agree with vote for a Republican candidate. It makes absolutely zero sense. Even with whatever fears you might have about primaries (which typically have extremely low turnout) it doesn’t make sense.

If the staunchest, most left wing person I could think of came to me and said they were going to vote for a Republican in November I wouldn’t even consider talking them out of it. Find one that’s worse than the left wingers currently in power.
    No. I just realize who musk is, and he’s still a liberal. So whether he votes for a liberal Republican or a liberal Democrat just doesn’t matter to me, or the outcome of any bill that gets voted on. Let me know when he starts revealing how he’s changing his views and I’ve been proven wrong. But so far, he’s not off to a good start.

And the point about Pelosi is that if we eliminated political parties and people had to think for themselves, most people wouldn’t be able to figure out politics without being able to look at a D or R to guide their opinions on stuff.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No. I just realize who musk is, and he’s still a liberal. So whether he votes for a liberal Republican or a liberal Democrat just doesn’t matter to me, or the outcome of any bill that gets voted on. Let me know when he starts revealing how he’s changing his views and I’ve been proven wrong. But so far, he’s not off to a good start.

And the point about Pelosi is that if we eliminated political parties and people had to think for themselves, most people wouldn’t be able to figure out politics without being able to look at a D or R to guide their opinions on stuff.

Eliminate Dems and republicans and people will just sort in to factions of Liberal and Conservative, Whigs and Federalists, etc. People are and always have been tribal. Creating 5, 10, or 50 different parties won’t change anything because the people that make up political parties are just as different as all the different parties would be. Just compare a Texas Republican to a California Republican. Just look at how well Trump fit the Republican Party mold. People just run in whichever category more closely fits their views and the primaries narrow down the candidates to the ones that stand the best chance of winning.

Sure, there are issues with political parties. But they are really just symptoms of bigger problems. And the root of almost all of those problems comes down to a broken culture.

And once again, it doesn’t matter if Musk changes his stance on anything if he’s just voting against the totalitarian left.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Eliminate Dems and republicans and people will just sort in to factions of Liberal and Conservative, Whigs and Federalists, etc. People are and always have been tribal. Creating 5, 10, or 50 different parties won’t change anything because the people that make up political parties are just as different as all the different parties would be. Just compare a Texas Republican to a California Republican. Just look at how well Trump fit the Republican Party mold. People just run in whichever category more closely fits their views and the primaries narrow down the candidates to the ones that stand the best chance of winning.

Sure, there are issues with political parties. But they are really just symptoms of bigger problems. And the root of almost all of those problems comes down to a broken culture.

And once again, it doesn’t matter if Musk changes his stance on anything if he’s just voting against the totalitarian left.
    i suppose you can also let me know when the totalitarian left no longer exists in the Republican Party. Unfortunately I probably won’t live long enough to see that change.

Top Bottom