• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    When the MSM stops glorifying people that call me and my family "tea baggers", "un-American", "astro-turf", "evangelical loons", I might think about not sharing my own opinions ...

Kind of reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live skit on “The Shooting of Buckwheat.” You know: “What was he like?” “Nice guy, quiet, kept to himself.” “Are you surprised he shot Buckwheat?” “Oh, no — it’s all he ever talked about.”

[url]http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/87980/[/URL]
    Venture Surplus ad

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I'll offer some additional opinion/commentary about this. What passes for fact is available on TV, radio and if all else fails, the internet has the real story...

My son and I discussed this some last night. He did turns in Iraq an Afghanistan and is now medically retired, so you could image that in many ways he is not a fan of the Muslim world. His cut was that he didn't know what to make of the situation, there wasn't enough information. That said, he mentioned Moslems in the service and how in many cases, they sort of get the "sideways look" and wondered how much worse that would get. Then he brought up a SGT that he knew in Germany who had deployed to Iraq at the same time as my son. This guy was born in Africa, raised in France and now in the US Army. My son said he was a hell of a soldier and a good NCO. Because he was a practicing Moslem, the Army pulled him out of Iraq about a month and half before his tour was due to end, because the locals had found out he was Moslem and essentially put a bounty on him. The rub my son brought up was, how do you differentiate studs like this NCO from dirt bag nut jobs like the good Major? I'm sure details will come out that will make 20/20 hindsight clear that something should have been done about this guy, but in reality, nothing was done, probably because everybody is afraid of being labeled as a racist or religiously intolerant bigot.

My guess is that doctor or not, this guy was unstable to begin with, and the additional challenges of having a middle eastern heritage and being a practicing Moslem during a conflict which is centered on radical Islam, was too much for him to handle and he went off against what he saw as the enemy (of course he had taken an oath when he joined that enemy).

Like my son, I'm not exactly sure yet of what I think from this whole mess. Dirtbag, yep. Nut case, yep. Terrorist, not sure yet. I really want to know how much of an indication we had that this guy was a powder keg, and if any indication, why nothing was done... the other item I notice is that the news, Army and government are all playing down the Moslem aspect of this, big time.

Jeff B.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You don't let the soldiers carry guns on base because the stress levels are so that you would have an increased potential of situations like this. As I understand from my friends in the military.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    the other item I notice is that the news, Army and government are all playing down the Moslem aspect of this, big time.

I don't blame them. We can't have violence, vigilantes, and mobs going crazy.

What pisses me off is we see things, recognize them for what they are, and are stiffled by political correctness. If I have a friend, relative, or acquaintance that talked about overthrowing the government, hurting people, or even taking stuff, I'd tell them to STFU and get off that trip.

If I thought they were serious, I'd have to turn them in. I'd rather live as a snitch than have innocent blood on my hands.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's the thing here....apparently he WAS on the radar screen, but not quite as a "hard target" yet. They were reportedly still investigating. What we forget is that many folks have been targeted over the years - my own family is German (I'm 3rd generation), and in WWI and WWII, there are many stories within my own family of how some of our family members were treated with suspicion or outright discrimination - even though virtually EVERY one of my Uncles served in WWII.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I hear you TRN, I'm Mexican and have dealt with it all my life. Do I like it? Not really. What do I do? I keep on keeping on.

How close to home does it hit? My wife's mother hates that I'm not White. My mother hates that my wife isn't Mexican, LOL.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Heh - I hear ya! One day, we'll get past the ethnicity and religious barriers, accept each other for who/what we are, and judge only based on the actions of the individual. But until then, we just gotta keep our guard up against the idjits runnin' around with trash cans on their heads an' usin' a perfectly good rifle as a club!

heheheheeeeeeee

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I hear you TRN, I'm Mexican and have dealt with it all my life. Do I like it? Not really. What do I do? I keep on keeping on.

How close to home does it hit? My wife's mother hates that I'm not White. My mother hates that my wife isn't Mexican, LOL.

I love it... My DIL is Mexican, and I think her parents still wonder every so often why she couldn't find "a nice Mexican Boy".

I like her because she doesn't let my son get caught up in his own nonsense and keeps his feet on the ground. I've got a funny story to tell you sometime about a "bean masher".

Anyway, I'm not looking to launch a pogram or start lynching folks becasue they are Muslim, but we need to get past the PC nonsense and be able to deal with the fact that there are members of the Islamic faith that will never, ever, put us on their Christmas card list.

Jeff B.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    As a vet myself, seems unreal that a Major could still be in, after the past trouble he was in. At that rank he would have a hell of alot of responsibility, and was probaly in for quite some time. Disgusting, actions by him, I agree a lead injection would be the only justice for this. Things like this disgrace those of us who have/will and still do serve this country.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Ah, no.

I was being sarcastic, trying to make the point that the radical Muslims will never come to terms with us, and see only one outcome, and that is for us to die or accept Islam.

Jeff B.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I agree - the radicals will only be satisfied with meeting Allah...and I'm happy to give 'em the opportunity. That being said, I'm often reminded of "the troubles" in Ireland between. MOST of the folks wanted no part of the fight - but others did everything they could to destroy the country in the name of religion. I've watched Muslim friends cry over the results of the atrocities commited in the name of their religion, just as I have when the actions of "christian" (I'm NOT going to capitalize the scum) extremists have ended other innocent lives.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    If you listen to the talking heads, you'll hear the most idiotic statements. Last night I was driving form Springfield, MO to KCMO, and listened to a Minneapolis station and a Denver station. I heard them make statements like;

"I can't understand how he shot so many when there were all those soldiers there? Why didn't someone shoot him?" As if everyone on an Army Post is locked and loaded, ready to go...

"Don't the Officers carry pistols all the time?" Not in the last 80 years or so...

"How come the Officer that responded was a civilian?" Because the demands on the MP's (overseas) make DOD Civilian Cops necessary.

"If he had those guns on a base, obviously new laws are needed..."
    Duh, no. How about recognizing the local states carry permit? That might have ended this pretty fast...

I was flat out astounded at how ignorant, uninformed and plain stupid that people who are supposed to be in the news media are.

Jeff B.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    WWII had concentration camps for any and all who were Japanese which was a wrong imprisonment of many American Citizens who ultimately joined the US Military Services and fought for our country.

Lets build new concentration camps north of the Arctic Circle in Alaska and see how many islamo facist, wannabees join the US Military and fight for us out of that group?

wow...

Baba Brad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Spring, TX
    If you listen to the talking heads, you'll hear the most idiotic statements. Last night I was driving form Springfield, MO to KCMO, and listened to a Minneapolis station and a Denver station. I heard them make statements like;

"I can't understand how he shot so many when there were all those soldiers there? Why didn't someone shoot him?" As if everyone on an Army Post is locked and loaded, ready to go...

"Don't the Officers carry pistols all the time?" Not in the last 80 years or so...

"How come the Officer that responded was a civilian?" Because the demands on the MP's (overseas) make DOD Civilian Cops necessary.

"If he had those guns on a base, obviously new laws are needed..."
    Duh, no. How about recognizing the local states carry permit? That might have ended this pretty fast...

Been listening and reading the same stuff. Obviously little thought went in to what they said, other than how fast they could get something on the air or in print and be seen as leading the way in news reporting.

I was flat out astounded at how ignorant, uninformed and plain stupid that people who are supposed to be in the news media are.
    Jeff B.

That my friend, hits the nail right on the head.

I especially like how the media is reporting how the rampage gun was bought legally. Is this a new handgun designation?

Oh and thank you to the level headed folks here. Was thinking I joined the wrong forum. Yes, I've been to the Mid East (2 years Turkey and 6 years Saudi Arabia). But not all Muslims are radical extremists and looking to convert you. My wife and in-laws are Muslims and unless you were told, you probably wouldn't notice it for awhile. And by the time you did, you wouldn't care. They don't preach (hell, most don't pray and my wife is the only one who has been to Mecca, only because we were in Saudi and she could go).

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Apparently some in the media are saying this guy was harrassed, made to feel little, blah blah blah.

To that I say ... Suck it up bitch! Plenty of other "victims" are making it. Hell, one has even become president.

TBH, imho, the guy is a terrorist. What ever happened to being honest and true to who you are.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Top Bottom