• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He made some very interesting points. Senator Landrieu's residence issue was brought up in the news recently, concerning the residence she bought in Washington, D.C. Her response?

On a statement of candidacy Landrieu filed with the Federal Election Commission in January, she listed her Capitol Hill home as her address. But when qualifying for the ballot in Louisiana last week, she listed the family’s raised-basement home on South Prieur Street in New Orleans.

It seems the only time the Landrieu family's neighbors even see Mary Landrieu is on Election Day.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Professional politicians are the reason we're failing on so many levels, term limits would be a good start to halt the path we're on.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    ADLMIGZ.png

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Professional politicians are the reason we're failing on so many levels, term limits would be a good start to halt the path we're on.

I used to believe that. But I heard a better idea:

No one shall retire with any benefits from any publicly voted for office. Stay as long as you want, but when its over you have no $$, no medical, no nothing.

Self limiting at that point.

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

No one shall retire with any benefits from any publicly voted for office. Stay as long as you want, but when its over you have no $$, no medical, no nothing.

Self limiting at that point.

You've got a point. I hate to think where the Libertarian/Tea Party would be today if it wasn't for Ron Paul's notable House career. He stayed there not for the benefits, but because he wanted to make change and had the guts and determination to stick it out for quite a long time. While in actuality he didn't accomplish a whole lot with his office, he did pave the way for at least his son and Ted to actually start making an impact and of course woke many of us up (especially to the aggressions of the Fed). Another thing though is we have to find a way to stop the insider trading, that's certainly a tricky one as its pretty hard to get them to vote themselves out of millions of dollars in ill gotten gains.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

AND, you're salary is tied, for the duration of your service to your country, to that of an entry level public school teacher.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the pompous asses would then get the message as to which job is more important.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    AND, you're salary is tied, for the duration of your service to your country, to that of an entry level public school teacher.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the pompous asses would then get the message as to which job is more important.

Tie it to that of a junior enlisted soldier and lets watch how fast most of the greedy bastards run off of the hill.

My wife as a first year teacher is making more than I made as an E-5 in the Army.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    I've seen the video before. If I'm not mistaken, that politician has run as both a democrat and a republican at different times in his career.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You've got a point. I hate to think where the Libertarian/Tea Party would be today if it wasn't for Ron Paul's notable House career. He stayed there not for the benefits, but because he wanted to make change and had the guts and determination to stick it out for quite a long time. While in actuality he didn't accomplish a whole lot with his office, he did pave the way for at least his son and Ted to actually start making an impact and of course woke many of us up (especially to the aggressions of the Fed). Another thing though is we have to find a way to stop the insider trading, that's certainly a tricky one as its pretty hard to get them to vote themselves out of millions of dollars in ill gotten gains.

You certainly bring up a point. There have been some great Congressmen over time, but that is a rare breed. Most are there to line their pockets. I should know, my family is eyeball deep in in politics, Congress, Governor you name it. I can remember when they did not have a pot to pizz in and now they live like the millionaires they are and the only thing they have done is work in elected offices. We have not spoken in years at least since the 70's and maybe since the 60's. They are crooks, their legislative record is void of any real legislation at all with over 50 years in politics. I won't mention what state, but its not Texas.

In addition: I would audit your taxes going back 10 years before you were elected to office along with all the members of your family. When elected you will be audited every year you are in office and for 10 years afterwards. If at any time your worth becomes in excess of the number of years you served x your gross pay you will be investigated by the FBI. NO MORE multimillionaires on $175k salary. No more Al Gore who made over $100 Million in the first years out of office.

Tie it to that of a junior enlisted soldier and lets watch how fast most of the greedy bastards run off of the hill.

My wife as a first year teacher is making more than I made as an E-5 in the Army.

Yep! and they get their health care at the VA!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

That was absolutely beautiful.....brought tears to my eyes that at least some people within than community understand what the Democrats (and even the more statist Repubs) have done to them. He actually sounded more like a Libertarian than anything. I hope his voting record reflects that speech, we need alot more people like that in office regardless of skin color. And to think there are still people who think blacks are incapable of living with other races in a free society.

Top Bottom