• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Gabby Giffords’s Gun Control Group Releases Report Warning of Muzzleloaders, Other Firearms

The report includes nine examples of firearms or firearms products the group feels are a danger to society. The list includes certain kinds of ammunition, trigger devices that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic rifle, what the group describes as "high capacity shotguns," AK and AR style pistols with stabilizing braces, and muzzleloaders. The group said the gun industry is attempting to circumvent the National Firearms Act (NFA) and other federal gun laws through the manufacture of each of the products.

Muzzleloaders, the group said, are dangerous because they are specifically exempted from the NFA and it accuses the gun industry of trying to exploit that exemption.

"These laws prohibit convicted felons and other dangerous people from possessing guns, require gun retailers to be licensed, and require licensed retailers to conduct background checks on purchasers," the report said. "There is one blanket exception to these laws, however: the exception for antique firearms, including muzzleloaders. The gun industry is determined to exploit this exception."

Muzzleloaders, which require gunpowder and a projectile to be manually loaded down barrel of the firearm before each shot, and other antique firearms are exempt from the NFA. The antique firearm exemption applies to "any firearm not intended or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade," according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

The group views the centuries-old firearms technology, which was rendered obsolete shortly after the Civil War due to advancements in self-contained ammunition cartridges and semi-automatic; self-loading firearms, as dangerous because a silencer can legally be attached to it without the paperwork or tax stamp associated with other firearms silencers.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gabby-...leases-report-warning-muzzleloaders-firearms/

? How many muzzle loaders have been used in a homicide in say the past 100 years, how about drive by shootings in the past 100 years?

Yep lets ban those, according to Gabby "they could be the next bumpstop"...RRRRRIGHT!
    Target Sports

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Just showing their true intentions. Like Feinstein said, if I could take them [guns] away from all of Mr. and Mrs. America.... I would.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Being an AZ native I have to apologise for bobble head Giffords and Johnny Mac. Both are proof that certain injuries to the brain can drastically change one's personality. Although that doesn't excuse Johnny Mac. He's been a traitorous piece of crap for a while. Gabby is being used by other liberals. And johnny Mac has been borderline senile for a while. He should take the advise he gave Barry Goldwater back when he was done using him and tossed him aside. That was basically your going senile and being used by your new wife and he should STFU.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Just showing their true intentions. Like Feinstein said, if I could take them [guns] away from all of Mr. and Mrs. America.... I would.

You nailed it, their goal is 100% confiscation of ALL firearms and they are not going to stop until they do.

Gabby I feel sorry for, her azz husband is doing nothing but using he is a far left pretty boy with an ego like a Hollywood elite, I can't stand the guy.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah, he *almost* got his ass in a crack when he attempted that “strawman” gun purchase, when he was trying to prove some point about buying guns!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yeah, he *almost* got his ass in a crack when he attempted that “strawman” gun purchase, when he was trying to prove some point about buying guns!
    IMO that was a CYA excuse. Like most far left its do as I say, not as I do...there is NO shortage of far left gun owners that cast their votes of the likes of Obama, Schumer, Pelosi etc. They have no problem with gun registration and think because they voted for Obama they won't have to turn in their guns...yea, just WAIT!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom