• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have a Traditions Tracker 209 .50 in line and my wife likes it as much if not more than I do. I had pawned it a while back and let it go because I couldn't afford to keep the interest up on it. I had some issues pop up earlier this year and I pawned my CZ 75. Well I got my rip off return check and went to get my pistol. While they were calling in my background check info I noticed my rifle was for sale for what I owed on it when I let it go. So I went home with both guns.
    So that's my muzzelloader with its own little story behind it. What do y'all have in the smoke thrower department, family heirlooms, modern in lines flint locks lets here it?
    EDIT: here's the one I have, http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=R44003470
    Hurley's Gold

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Here's four of mine, all flichlocks. Top to bottom, Replica Harper's Ferry M1803, in .54. Shoots ok, not exactly a good lock. Seen instructions somewhere (TOTW?) to rebuild the lock, just decided to reharden the frizzen and shoot it as is. Second from top, Dixie's old Japanese made poorboy squirrel rifle in .32 Decent shooter, ok small game rifle.
    Third is my favorite flinter, a 20 bore Pennsylvania fowler from Jim Chambers (DBA Flintlocks Inc) kit. Very fast locktime, even wingshoot doves with this one. Still want to take a whitetail with it and PRB, just haven't had the chance yet. Bottom is a poorboy style mountain rifle from TOTW parts. Shoots well, have taken several whitetails with it. It's in .45. Also have a very early T/C Hawken in .50 percussion, my first muzzleloader. Doesn't really look like a Hawken, but a good shooter. Hunted with it a lot years back, now it's mostly a safe queen and loaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom