• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Tell you what you put 5 straight hits on a 12 inch plate standing unsupported at 250 yards on video posted here for the world to see and I will agree with your skill. You claim you are that good so show me.. no tripod, no tree, no bipod, just you and the gun.

Tell you what. Pick any rifle you own and do the same and I'll respond.

I don't think YOU can do it w any rifle and you're projecting your lack of skills/confidence on others.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    He's talking out his backside with zero real world experience. I'm not a huge 300BO fanboy but his disinformation is annoying.

300BO is a great little hunting round on deer sized game out to about 250yds, just like 30-30 or an AK. I've killed deer with handguns too.

If I'm shooting further WHILE HUNTING then yeah I'd grab a different rifle.
    This. It is a good round when used within its limits, as with any cartridge.

If he doesn't like it, fine. Then don't use it. To each their own.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Go read the ALT TO 300 BO on thefiringlineforum.com. You might learn something new.

LMFAO so your replacement for 300bo is a subsonic x39? First of all in an AK I seriously doubt that would work the piston to give you reliably cycling. Throw it in an AR in x39 and you have tons of problems there too (unless it's a magwell-less lower and even then you are probably not going to cycle the action). Also brass is somewhat hard to find in that caliber as opposed to being able to cut down ubiquitous .223 cases. Afterall that is one of the biggest advantages of 300bo is the ability to easily find components as well as the ability to use an AR platform with technically only a barrel change. It's not so much the performance of the round but rather the versatility that is the reason why so many people enjoy 300bo.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Go read the ALT TO 300 BO on thefiringlineforum.com. You might learn something new.
    I couldn't find a "thefiringlineforum.com" but did find a thread on the thefiringline of the same name.

Is that what I was supposed to learn? That you make stuff up? Or can't proof read your posts?

I didn't know Savage had a 300BO project going and scrapped it because the accuracy of subs and supers didn't work well out of the same barrel. That was interesting.

Pretty much the rest was the same as here. If used within its limits it is a good round. If some idiot is trying to replace his 300 WM with it he is going to be disappointed and say the round is garbage. We have a guy like that here.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I didn't know Savage had a 300BO project going and scrapped it because the accuracy of subs and supers didn't work well out of the same barrel. That was interesting.

That one is all on Savage......iirc the dumbasses tried to use a 10 twist barrel for 220 subs and ofc were less than thrilled with the accuracy (probably do to not even being stable). People tried to tell them to make an 8 or 7 twist and they refused and gave up on the round.

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    There are cheaper and better ways o fo the same thing. Soe people just like to follow a cold trail o a bitter end. Have fun guys. I'll let you waste time and money on something not orth the time and effort. I have enough 100 yard guns.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Just for a disclaimer... I have a 300blk sbr. It is badass with my specwar 7.62.

That being said, I actually compared the MVP vs the ruger. I chose the MVP in .223. I got the threaded one so I can screw a can on the end. Sweet little rifle.

AdamT

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    There are cheaper and better ways o fo the same thing. Soe people just like to follow a cold trail o a bitter end. Have fun guys. I'll let you waste time and money on something not orth the time and effort. I have enough 100 yard guns.

Ya I'm really wasting money with my 17c 300bo reloads...........Also really wasting money but not having to buy proprietary mags and bolts.........

trigger643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kingwood
    1bd251bc101fdda4835456e99c5ffb5b5c90947.gif

So I've decided I'm getting a bolt action in 223/556. I am looking at shorter truck or scout style guns. My search has brought me to the Mossburg MVP predator or the ruger American ranch rifle. Any opinions on these two rifles? And ONLY these rifle please don't tell me to save my money and get something else because money is not an issue.

tumblr_ljddtbhRMW1qa55edo1_500.jpg

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    MVP is a nice gun. Their new scout will make a lot of people happy. By the way, hunting brushy gullies when younger was a perfect place to carry an M1 carbine. It was light, fast and carried 15 rounds for pig and deer. The hunters on either side got shots at what I scared out. Ever done it that way? A 300 bo would work there.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Amazing level of hostility considering I believe the original post was just asking about preferences on two different rifles. Wow.

The Scout looks nice but I base that only on personal aesthetic preferences.

Maybe I should requote:
    So I've decided I'm getting a bolt action in 223/556. I am looking at shorter truck or scout style guns. My search has brought me to the Mossburg MVP predator or the ruger American ranch rifle. Any opinions on these two rifles? And ONLY these rifle please don't tell me to save my money and get something else because money is not an issue.

Top Bottom