• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGHAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    CARROLLTON
    I bought a GLOCK 22 .40 cal 4th Gen with a Streamlight Tacticle Light some Hydro Shock and range ammo for 700.00 with tax. Did I get hosed? Is this a good gun? Will it jam up or anything I should know?
    Texas SOT

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I got a friend who has an SAPD issue Glock 22. I think I'm the only one who has ever cleaned it. I've got a Glock 19.

It still goes bang. The trigger pull is not as nice as mine. I don't know if that has to do with it being a former SAPD gun or if it is just dirty.

I've never had a problem with my Glock nor has my friend. I love to shoot mine.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I bought a GLOCK 22 .40 cal 4th Gen with a Streamline Tacticle Light some Hydro Shock and range ammo for 700.00 with tax. Did I get hosed? Is this a good gun? Will it jam up or anything I should know?

Odd time to ask.......

Sounds like a fair deal, IF you got a StreamLIGHT. I have never heard of a streamline, and if that is some copy brand it could be cheap.

If you do your part, that Glock will shoot fine.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Y'all don't lie to this guy. I'm ashamed. Listen thats the crummiest gun ever produced. Its made of the same plastic as Pez Dispensers. The slide is lead.
    I'll take it off your hands for $200 cash. Only cause I'm a nice guy.

Honestly you have a fine pistol with a proud history of being there for you when you need it. Congratulations.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Good choice indeed. I owned a 3rd gen 22 for a couple years and it is a fine pistol. I owned a 23 after that and now a 27. The entire 40 family from what i have seen is grade A!!!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That is a fair deal. I have news for you, the gun is going to be boring! ;) Boring because it will likely almost never malfunction, so you will have to put extra effort into training on malfunction drills. ;) j/k Seriously though, they are great guns.

Just a word of advice, if you are using this as a home defense gun, I would recommend also keeping an additional hand held light nearby as well. If something goes bump in the night and you start clearing the house, obviously you wouldn't want to be using your weapon mounted light to illuminate everything you see as you could end up with your gun pointed at a family member.

Another thing I've heard of people doing, is if conceal carrying a gun with a weapon mounted light and keeping the light off the gun and in a pocket. That way if you only need a light to perform some simple task (changing a tire on the side of the road at night) then you have one in your pocket. If a situation at night looks like it's going south and you feel the need to draw your gun, you can use your support hand to pop the light on the gun and you're good to go. Anyways, just something to consider if planning on civilian carry.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Sounds like a good deal.
    gunney.jpg

BIGHAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    CARROLLTON
    Thanks Everyone!! Yeah a flashlight in the house 3am??? LOL yeah that would scare the crap outta my roomate!!! LOL I have another light on my Mossburg 500. That will really scare the crap outta them!!! LMAO... I shot the gun today @ 20 yards head shot 5 times of 8 the other 3 were chest shots hopefully they will fall before the 4th shot!! LOL!!! The light was on the whole time I shot 50 rounds no problem!!! Yet.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just curious Robocop but, do you remember what exactly the cause was of that issue? I can't remember off-hand, though I thought it was something to do with the light being clamped on and maybe "pinching" the frame in some manner so as to cause some internal friction against the slide and such?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom