• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    So I finish up some AR SBR 9mm fun at Shiloh last night and decide to head to the Academy down the street for some 22lr. Well low and behold an Colt AR22?? 2 models $580.00 and $600.00 I coundln't resist. It looks to be a great training rifle. I'll give a range report next week.

ColtAR22001.gif

ColtAR22004.gif

ColtAR22005.gif
    Gun Zone Deals

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Yup, they are pretty nifty... we have one in the shop right now that I keep thinking I may have to have...

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    So tell us about the construction of the rifle. I have heard varying versions and some say that the metal seems weak or airsoft quality. I have been considering something similar, and am just curious. I will probably just go with an AR platform and get a .22 upper, but if these are good quality, it might make since to just have a dedicated platform...

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    The overall construction seems OK, it's not typical AR quality, but
    for what it cost it seems it will serve it's purpose. I'm going to give it a good work over, suppressed and unsupressed. Yes, the importers main dealings are in airsoft.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Saw it the other day at Academy. They shelf'ed em as they told me about em. IMHO its pricy for a 22. But the Market suits everyones and anyones needs. Today at academy they were flooded with 9mm monarch and .223. I picked up some monarch and and hornady critical defense. I also got some new running shoes. Tomorrow I'll be at Shiloh's so if anyone wants to stop by and drop a safe on my head(knowing yall) Ill be there testing my new XD.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    try slapping a .223 upper on that bad boy.
    ;):)

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    The first 500 round Federal blue box outing went better than expected. There were about 6-8 light rim strikes (out of 500 rounds of cheap ammo, that's not bad) which involved dropping the mag., charging and replacing the mag. then on with the shooting. It's more accurate than expected, especially w/ the cheaper ammo. The last 90 rounds were rapid fire w/ only 1 light rim strike. To sum it up the rifle ran great and was alot of fun.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    The first 500 round Federal blue box outing went better than expected. There were about 6-8 light rim strikes (out of 500 rounds of cheap ammo, that's not bad) which involved dropping the mag., charging and replacing the mag. then on with the shooting. It's more accurate than expected, especially w/ the cheaper ammo. The last 90 rounds were rapid fire w/ only 1 light rim strike. To sum it up the rifle ran great and was alot of fun.

Any cleaning or oiling during these 500 rounds?

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    The lower is not standard and cannot take a 223 upper. The bolt catch is molded in to the reciever for appearence and is not functional. The safety has to be rotated 180 degrees instead of 90 to get to semi.

A nifty toy, but limited as a functional training tool for an AR.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    I have manufactured thread adapters for these, contact Pocono Mountain Sporting Goods to purchase them as he is my distributor.

Pocono Mountain Sporting Goods

570-226-7526

pmsg@verizon.net

They replace the stock flash hider and provide 1/2 X 28 threads so you can attach any standard AR-15 muzzle device and/or suppressor. They have 5/8 wrench flats to allow easy mounting/dismouting, the adapter adds only 0.250 to the OAL. They are CNC machined in one chucking on a Swiss-type machine to provide concentricity that greatly exceeds Gemtech's requirements.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have manufactured thread adapters for these, contact Pocono Mountain Sporting Goods to purchase them as he is my distributor.

Pocono Mountain Sporting Goods

570-226-7526

pmsg@verizon.net

They replace the stock flash hider and provide 1/2 X 28 threads so you can attach any standard AR-15 muzzle device and/or suppressor. They have 5/8 wrench flats to allow easy mounting/dismouting, the adapter adds only 0.250 to the OAL. They are CNC machined in one chucking on a Swiss-type machine to provideconcentricity that greatly exceeds Gemtech's requirements.

I was wondering if this was Sharky from Rennlist, first time I noticed one of your posts so I checked the profile.....Howdy!

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Yup, it's me! Been here since the early days, took a break for a while as the statism was getting really thick.

Top Bottom