• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    Well, today is the day. Miss "K" leaves for the Navy, for boot camp and "A" school! Since she's the "noisy" one here at home, we will miss her presence and antics . She's grown up now. I hope Mrs. "K" and I raised her right. I hope we did well by her. I hope she will be OK. I hope she makes the best of this opportunity. We made many sacrifices as a family for her to do this. We love her, and will miss her. I'll keep you all updated from time to time. Thanks. The next couple months are going to be hard for us making adjustments to her absence. Please keep her in your prayers.
    ARJ Defense ad

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Things will change, but I respect the hell out of her for choosing to serve her country and better herself. Wish more kids had her same attitude and way of thinking. Sounds like you and "Mrs. K" did a heck of a job man.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Fair winds and following seas from a Jarhead, she'll know pretty soon if she made the right decision lol. Good on her and your family.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Remind her, its what she makes of it. Positive attitude goes a long way. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Just remind her that bootcamp is as much (if not more) a mental game as it is physical. Once you understand that the "abuse" is not personal the easier it gets...

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    UPDATE:

My Daughter OWNS Boot camp!:usflag:

(Now THIS makes me proud!!!)

Miss "K" got a new job during boot camp. She is now "Chief Weapons Petty Officer" or something to that effect. Apparently, it gets you out of alot of crap duty.

She said a whole bunch of recruits signed up for it, but her and another girl (same girl she bunked with for MEPS), were the only ones that could clear the jams, disassemble/reassemble/show how to maintain the weapons properly, so they were the only ones that qualified for the job.

Here's the kicker......

Miss "K" was the only one who missed the video on how to do it, and didn't get to practice. Apparently, she was on guard duty during tryouts, but one of her friends held her spot for her. She was the last to try.

She walked in (they were good enough to wait for her), Grabbed each weapon, cleared the jams on the first try, quickly broke them down properly on the first try, reassembled them properly on the first try, knew the names of the weapons, all the parts, caliber, explained firearm maintenance.

They were not only pleased, but apparently extremely impressed as they made her the head weapons officer (head PO)!

When she was asked how she knew the weapons so well after missing the video, and practice, She just said.......

.......................My DADDY!
    biggrin.gif

BTW, She outclassed, and out performed, all the males for that job!
    cool.gif

I cannot TELL you just how damned PROUD I am of this kid! I could just bust!

She also, apparently has a group of recruits, that look up to her. They follow her around...... A lot apparently. She is a bit of a "Rambette-Viking" and is very charismatic.

It looks like she's doing very well, I just hope she continues doing so. She has also been going to Church services on the weekend. She said it gives her strength.

Just thought y'all would like an update.

Thanks for all the support!
    biggrin.gif

This is my little "Viking". She is every bit as tough as she is beautiful! :)

Attachments

• DSC01108.jpg
      DSC01108.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 166

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As the father of a 17 year old daughter I can imagine how proud you are. Parents matter. Kudos to you and your wife, and a big salute to your Seaman Recruit.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    UPDATE:

My Daughter OWNS Boot camp!:usflag:

(Now THIS makes me proud!!!)

Miss "K" got a new job during boot camp. She is now "Chief Weapons Petty Officer" or something to that effect. Apparently, it gets you out of alot of crap duty.

She said a whole bunch of recruits signed up for it, but her and another girl (same girl she bunked with for MEPS), were the only ones that could clear the jams, disassemble/reassemble/show how to maintain the weapons properly, so they were the only ones that qualified for the job.

Here's the kicker......

Miss "K" was the only one who missed the video on how to do it, and didn't get to practice. Apparently, she was on guard duty during tryouts, but one of her friends held her spot for her. She was the last to try.

She walked in (they were good enough to wait for her), Grabbed each weapon, cleared the jams on the first try, quickly broke them down properly on the first try, reassembled them properly on the first try, knew the names of the weapons, all the parts, caliber, explained firearm maintenance.

They were not only pleased, but apparently extremely impressed as they made her the head weapons officer (head PO)!

When she was asked how she knew the weapons so well after missing the video, and practice, She just said.......

.......................My DADDY!
    biggrin.gif

BTW, She outclassed, and out performed, all the males for that job!
    cool.gif

I cannot TELL you just how damned PROUD I am of this kid! I could just bust!

She also, apparently has a group of recruits, that look up to her. They follow her around...... A lot apparently. She is a bit of a "Rambette-Viking" and is very charismatic.

It looks like she's doing very well, I just hope she continues doing so. She has also been going to Church services on the weekend. She said it gives her strength.

Just thought y'all would like an update.

Thanks for all the support!
    biggrin.gif

This is my little "Viking". She is every bit as tough as she is beautiful! :)

TIL: the Navy does show their recruits weapons after all. Do they get to fire them? :)

Great Lakes eh?

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    What rating is she going for? I started out as a Nuke Electrician's Mate, but had to drop out of the program due to medical concerns. Went conventional EM, because the A school is the same. I just lucked out getting to go through boot camp and all that in Orlando! They let you shoot a .22 in a 1911 frame, or at least we did. You can go on to get marksman qualified in both pistol and rifle, on your own after you get out of boot camp.

Top Bottom