• ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    This happened yesterday evening and I thought it was funny so here ya go.

My buddies phone has called me 12 times in the last 30 minutes and when I answer it's just gibberish noises and nothing else. Then I get voice mails 2 or 3 minutes long from him with the same crap. It sounds like he's trying to talk with his window rolled down going 70 on the freeway. When I try call him back it answers immediately and it's the same garbage.

I finally got through to him and, what the hell! :) He said for the last thirty minutes he was mowing his yard with his phone in his back pocket sitting on his mower! So, I said that must be what you sound like with your phone shoved up your ass! lol, I thought I was losing my mind.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    What defines as 'barely knows how to use it'?

Given I too have only a flip phone, but all I know what to do on it is call and receive calls...would that be it?

Nope, don't know how to use the camera on it, text, etc. and like your buddy, I don't care or want nor need to know more of it's features.

Why's that?

Even if I did know how to utilize the other features I wouldn't bother...it's a phone, not a can opener, not a fishing rod, or a copying machine...it's a phone consarn it!

And, I probably use it all of 6/8 times a year.

Oh, I've never walked into a hole staring at it either...

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    It's an old style flip phone and he's in his mid later 70's, and he barely knows how to use it. I've offered to show him but he don't care.
    If he doesn't care then there's nothing you can do. You tried to be a good friend but your effort is fruitless. Oh well.
    But I am really curious as to how a flip phone can butt-dial. The flip feature of the phone protects the keyboard from being accessed and also the flip switch inside the phone disables any dialing features when the phone is closed. How did he manage to butt-dial you? That is a mystery to me.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    If he doesn't care then there's nothing you can do. You tried to be a good friend but your effort is fruitless. Oh well.
    But I am really curious as to how a flip phone can butt-dial. The flip feature of the phone protects the keyboard from being accessed and also the flip switch inside the phone disables any dialing features when the phone is closed. How did he manage to butt-dial you? That is a mystery to me.
    I have no idea either but that's what he has.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Long, long ago (1998) I was in Hanover Germany at the CeBit convention. The show had just ended and we (DEC) were relaxing in the Bavarian Restaurant together with the group from Nokia. They had had a “whisper suite” and had a new phone. One of them took a picture of the group. I thought “How weird, a camera in a cell phone.” Little did I know….

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    There is a GREAT reason I still use a flip phone! It gets service where a newer one will not! Up until the other day mine was still on 3G and I had 3 bars. Now it is using 4G and I only get 2 bars. Every gen uses higher frequencies, and range decreases.

Top Bottom