• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Oh... the subtle way these corporations are "getting theirs" during the covid b/s. I have a fridge in my shop that I keep stocked with water/coke zero/energy drinks n' such. I buy, used to buy, the coke zero in the 24 can carton. Last several trips to WalMart revealed they're out of that packaging quantity. So, yesterday I went to a Food Lion near the house. Guess what? No 24ct packaging there either. What's more there isn't even a space for that quantity/packaging. Guess what even more... 2 - 12 count packages are more expensive than one 24 ct carton. Guess what even more. Pepsi has gone to 15 count packaging to further cloud the issue. Me? I simply won't but their products. YeeeHawww... a one man boycott! Sure to have an immediate impact the proportions of which can't be measured!
    Gun Zone Deals

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    There's an aluminum can shortage. Most likely, Coke or grocery stores have a warehouse full of 12 packs but people buy more or hoard the 24 packs. On the bright side my 2 liter diet Coke hasn't been impacted!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    There's an aluminum can shortage. Most likely, Coke or grocery stores have a warehouse full of 12 packs but people buy more or hoard the 24 packs. On the bright side my 2 liter diet Coke hasn't been impacted!
    LOL... yeah - Right! Funny how this stuff seems to always break in the favor of more profit ain't it?

The 15 ct packaging from Pepsi is new - as are the cans(and the upcharge in price)

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    All that soda that’s diet or zero this and that isn’t good for you anyway.
    Don't disagree but.... It did have an impact on moving my blood sugar level out of the pre-diabetic levels. The coke zero was one of several eating habits I changed to achieve that. Didn't know which was worse pre-diabetic or whatever problems the zero sugar/diet products created.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Food Lion? Where do you live?

Have not seen one in TX in at least a decade.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    All that soda that’s diet or zero this and that isn’t good for you anyway.

I used to drink the crap out of Coke Zero, but I read two articles about two different studies that said the same thing. The sweetener in Coke Zero and some others eats holes in your brain. I started drinking pretty much only water.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I used to drink the crap out of Coke Zero, but I read two articles about two different studies that said the same thing. The sweetener in Coke Zero and some others eats holes in your brain. I started drinking pretty much only water.
    It’s been suggested for a while that artificial sweeteners are bad. I believe it. I buy real sugar soda. Or real ginger ale with cane sugar.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    For you youngsters who were in diapers in the 70's items got smaller and prices remained the same. Bought an lays potato chips lately No big family size bags anymore. Same with lots of other things.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That’s all about marketing.

Inflation goes up, prices go up. People bitch about prices so they compensate by reducing quantity.

I think it’s funny that people are bitching about the companies attempting to remain profitable while ignoring the real cause for the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom