Join TexasGunTalk

My cz-p10 suppressor ready is struggling

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by TexasEric, Dec 25, 2018.

1. TexasEric

TexasEric Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Gun is great when not running a suppressor on it. I put the can on and I get failures in 3-5 rounds. I have sent it back to CZ once, they polished everything. The gun is still failing with the can.
    My only thought is to beef up the recoil spring. Any other suggestions?

If the spring upgraded spring doesn’t fix it, I will probably sell it.

I am currently upgrading my M&P 2.0 with apex threaded barrel, apex trigger, stronger recoil spring, and suppressor night sights.

2. sucker76

sucker76 Don't let the username fool you

Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Failing how? Failing to eject or chamber a new round? If it's this, is seems like you have too much mass to cycle completely. Is the silencer attached to a booster? Maybe try a lighter recoil spring or a different booster spring.

3. dermunkee

dermunkee Active Member Lifetime Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    What can are you using?

Sam7sf likes this.
  4. TexasEric

TexasEric Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    It seems to not be going into battery, or light strikes to the primer.
    I am using a rugged obsidian 9mm can. It has a booster. I can take it apart to ensure there is no binding or catches.
    Honestly, I believe there is too much mass for the gun. That is why I want to upgrade the recoil spring.

5. dermunkee

Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    I would recommend taking the piston assembly apart and making sure that there isn't heavy carbon build up in there, your o ring is still soft and putting a little lube on the moving parts. I just cleaned out my 9mm can after about 2k rounds and it required taking everything apart. Both the booster assembly and my three lug assembly were close to non-functional .

Boretech c4 helped a ton with softening the carbon deposits.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    TexasEric and Sam7sf like this.
  6. dermunkee

Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Also, make sure you're not using crap ammo. Freedom munitions 147 grain 9mm was too weak to cycle my Sig reliably, I've not had any issues with Federal or Speer.

And, since you're in Houston, if you want to meet up at Shiloh over lunch one day Mon-Thur or ASC any weekday after 4:30, you can try my Ti-Rant on your CZ and/or your Obsidian on my Sig to see if that points to one or the other being an issue.

7. TexasEric

TexasEric Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I am running 3 different kinds of ammo through it. Browning 147 gr, Winchester 147, and I think Speer 147 gr. Same issue with all 3 brands.
    The can a newish, probably has less than 300 rounds through it.
    I can probably get to it this weekend and take it apart.

I would love to take you up on the shooting offer. But I work a ton, and my wife hates being left alone with the kids. Hell, I may still take you up on the offer anyway.
    What is, and where is Shiloh?
    I am completely familiar with American Shooting Center. I have a 300 blk sbr I want zero and accuracy test any. ASC would be good for that.

8. dermunkee

Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Shiloh is a small indoor range run by some awesome folks. It's close to willowbrook mall by 249 and 1960

9. TexasEric

TexasEric Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    When I get some time off I may send a pm. I am just south of Bellaire inside the loop.
    I am looking forward to sorting this out.

If anyone else has an idea please chime in. Thanks for your time.

10. sucker76

sucker76 Don't let the username fool you

Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Does regular supersonic ammo cycle without fail? Maybe the suppressor is not uncoupling completely and therefore adding to reciprocating mass.