Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lost me at post #2, lol.

Non smart ass comment: long YouTube vids generally require extremely interesting subject matter. I can't see sitting through an edc bag vid longer than 4 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah that's the gamble I took. I tried to shorten it down but it wasn't just about my bag it was opinions about types of bags people use to EDC as well. I usually try to keep my vid times well under 10 minutes. Didn't work in this case.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lost me at post #2, lol.

Non smart ass comment: long YouTube vids generally require extremely interesting subject matter. I can't see sitting through an edc bag vid longer than 4 minutes or so.

I haven't watched the OPs video yet, but it is entirely possible to make a longer video over a EDC or SHTF bag that's watchable as long as the YouTuber is able to keep the discussion interesting and dynamic (no monotone, mumbling, or time wasters such as going "um" every few seconds.)

It's not impossible to do, but not exactly easy either unless you've done it a lot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    True.

Just look at NutinFancy for an example. Dude talks for 45 minutes about a pocket knife, lol.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    He's cut his videos down a lot recently. Most of the ones I've watched are about half the length they used to be haha

Sent from my iPhone

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I didn't watch the video, but the thumbnail has you holding up a medium-large camo backpack. Seems too big for one, and unless you're always in the woods the camo is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I have to brave the urban jungle on a daily basis, so my EDC bag is a leather briefcase/messenger bag. Have other goodies in a "workout bag" in the car, even though I'm rarely ever seen in the gym :laughing:

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I didn't watch the video, but the thumbnail has you holding up a medium-large camo backpack. Seems too big for one, and unless you're always in the woods the camo is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I have to brave the urban jungle on a daily basis, so my EDC bag is a leather briefcase/messenger bag. Have other goodies in a "workout bag" in the car, even though I'm rarely ever seen in the gym :laughing:

I address that in the video. The thumbnail isn't the whole video and that bag was being held up as an example of what NOT to use.

Fastforward to 1:32 through 7:45 and I talk about other options than MOLLE or "Tactical" backpacks and the disadvantages of MilSurp packs.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    ...and then I put in one of these and four of those, um, I like those. Those are better than them or these. And we all know a camo anything disappears once its out of sight. Now you see it, then I push this button on the cam...

Honestly I did not watch it either. There is a video on FB about how to pack a weeks worth of clothing into one small suitcase, the whole thing runs about 45 seconds. Techno-attention-disorder

Top Bottom