Join TexasGunTalk

My ever evolving Charter Arms Undercover.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jar, Aug 1, 2020 at 7:11 AM.

1. Ingramite

Ingramite New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    We used to do a lot of stuff that curdles the urine of todays Techno-Twerps.

Mexican carry, bobbing hammers, pinning grip safeties, hair triggers, sawed off barrels, Fitz jobs. Even with all that "careless activity" on my resume I refuse to carry today's Striker Fired Safety Pistols. Maybe I'm just one internet post shy of being convinced.

seeker_two and Geezer like this.
  2. Moonpie

Moonpie Omnipotent Potentate for hire. Lifetime Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Where did I find it?
    Sorry Bud. Top secret info. If I told you I'd have to kill ya.
    May as well ask me where the secret fishing hole is. LoL.

When can you shoot it?
    Whenever you drag that lazy carcass of yours out to a range day. Bring boolits.

3. 45tex

45tex TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2009
    Always amazed to read of folks that will want to fight over mentioning the 1911's ancient technology. Yet somehow believe revolvers "need" to have their hammer spurs cut off to be any good.
    Revolvers functioned quite well long before any of us posting here functioned at all. None of your ideas are new. If you must remove the hammer spur, consider more training. If you still want the hammer spur removed, buy a gun that was engineered to function that way.
    If you want to remove the trigger guard you are not smart enough to have a gun.

BRD@66 and seeker_two like this.
  4. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    Moonpie,

PURTY THANG.
    OK. How does it shoot??
    (I've not even ever seen one.)

yours, satx

5. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    We can argue over the fitz all day, but what it comes down to is that nobody does that (removing the trigger guard) despite the explosion in firearms training and knowledge.

We know better than that now. We know that making your firearm inherently less safe isn't going to improve your chances in a violent encounter.

The Fitzgerald special is a neat historical cornerstone in the world of self defense pistols. Nothing more

45tex and SQLGeek like this.
  6. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    zackmars,

I certainly agree that that is your opinion BUT that is ALL that it is: OPINION.
    (When it comes to opinions, I'll take Bill Jordan's & a lot of famous Texas Rangers opinions over anyone here.)

I will admit that IF you are a careless/clumsy/unthinking person a FITZ can be hazardous but so can cars/trucks/chainsaws/etc..

yours, satx

7. rmantoo

rmantoo Cranky old fart: Pull my finger

Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    While I am highly supportive of the maxim, "to each their own," your 5 sentences very aptly describe my feelings about the procedure.

Honestly, it would even be cool to own one as a display piece, the more I think about it.

8. jar

jar Active Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Not to mention the holsters. Stuff like the Aubreys and Buchheimers or the Jordans that Don Hume made.

Ingramite likes this.
  9. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You are making the assumption that there aren't people who spent a good chunk of thier lives shooting other people still out there.

And today we have a wider base of experience, thanks to the past 20 years of armed conflict, and the fact many of these people are going out there, teaching others, getting their theories proven or disproven... Competition shooting is also far more popular today.

Knowledge is not forgotten. We k ow better than the Fitz now. No one is disrespecting Bill Jordan, or any of the older breed of pistol guys, but they were products of their time

Ingramite, SQLGeek and ZX9RCAM like this.
  10. seeker_two

seeker_two TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2008
    Forget the Fitz job.....what that gun really needs is a folding trigger....

4cd97f7d5dbbeb3a3467c8dd0422ddc2.jpg acd784e833187c9067bf4af141028bae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55 and SQLGeek like this.