• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I picked this baby up for the low adoption fee of $650. It's a Sig P220R Combat, 45 acp. Only had about 250-300 rds. shot through her. While I tend to prefer straight black pistols, I couldn't resist. He even threw in a couple hundred rounds of 45 acp to go with it. Whaddaya think?

S4300009-1.gif

S4300006.gif

S4300007.gif

S4300008-1.gif

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    $650 for that gun and ammo!!!!

You got a steal, hell considering 100 rounds of .45 cost you about $50 alone.

Jealous so so jealous.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I really dig that copper color frame, however the brown grips have got to go, Replace those for Hogue black rubber wrap around finger groove grips. I think they are like $20.00 bucks. It would be perfect if that bad boy had a beaver tail. Nice find!!!

Link to Hogue P220 Grips:

[url]http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=265[/URL]

thanks for the Hogue link, I am getting a set of Hogue black rubber wrap around finger groove grips for my Gold Cup

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Good idea on the hogue grips. I figured I would also buy the black P220 grips, they're only about $20.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Update: So after taking it out to the range, I have to say I really, really like my SA XD40. I can't describe every aspect of like and dislike, but there are a few details maybe someone can give advice on as 1/2 of me wants to just sell it and get another XD. While I don't in the least bit feel more recoil from the .45 acp vs. .40, I feel that between the weight of the gun and recoil I have more trouble getting back on target. Now, I have no problem admitting I am very much so to be considered a novice, but I feel like I am much closer/better of a shot with my XD...which is still all over . A big part of it is the grip, I think. The grip seems a bit lower on the Sig as opposed to my XD and just not as ergonomic as it either. I guess a better way to describe it is that I feel more like with the XD it's a point and shoot gun, whereas the Sig takes a bit more effort. I know I haven't given it much of a chance, and God knows I can't shoot as much as I like, seeing as how we only started shooting a couple months ago and I spend A good portion of my time offshore, but I feel like the Sig was almost a big step backwards. I have more thoughts on this, but I have a fairly good buzz going (working offshore in So. Cal. has its benefits) and feel that this post is disjointed enough. Any thoughts from the Sig lovers out there? And if I do decide to sell, what is a fair price to sell at? I only put 150 more rds. on top of the few hundred before I got it, so it's in good shape.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Sig has rose wood wrap around grips (I think they have finger grooves) that would look awesome on that firearm. And stealing is against the law BTW!

And I couldn't find the grips you were talking about on Sig's website...also my google fu is weak tonight...lol

And I thought it was only against the law if you got caught...

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    The P220 does have a bit higher bore axis than XD, but not by that much. Not all guns fit everyone, else we'd only have one brand on the market. ;)

I say give it a try with the Hogue grips and see how it does. If you're still not happy with it, go ahead and sell it. P220's especially the combat configuration are in demand and it will move very quickly if you price it right.

Top Bottom