• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    So what? Big deal. Auto manufacturers are in the business to sell vehicles. If boring colors are what the consumers are wanting, then that's what they offer.

No, you don't seem to have a clue.

Axxe55, what is your favorite color for a vehicle? Does any carmaker offer it in any new car or truck model you like here in the US?
    Guns International

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    A few years ago an Acura dealer offered me a crazy (wholesale?) deal on a couple orange'ish cars they had on the lot.
    Said they would probably sell on ebay eventually. Guess it depends on what groups you poll for color popularity.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I used to drive a Toyota work truck when I worked in the field back in the 90s. One of my coworkers told me he needed to use the restroom and stepped out of the truck and disappeared from view of the rear mirrors. A vehicle was approaching so I gently eased in drive and moved over so he could pass. I heard my buddy yell out and we ended up with a long shit streak down the side of that pretty white truck.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    It's working quite well. I'm calm now! Sort of. :banana:

Ok, banana yellow is your favorite color judging by the emoticon !! High five for bright yellow lovers!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:I (like you probably also have) got tired of my new threads about guns so I thought I'd make one about cars for a change. Here's my secret now. If given a choice, I would rather have a new Toyota truck in any factory color they offer, black, white, silver, blue, teal, pink, army, camo, purple, etc. than any new Big Three truck in canary or lemon yellow!! I haven't decided yet whether I'd buy a Tacoma or a Tundra but it definitely would be an SR-5. Does one really need a 4-wheel-drive in Texas? Tx is the birth state of many new Toyota trucks. You have to buy a new/late-model Toyota pickup to buy built on American soil.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, the favorite truck of the Taliban as well!

1597000968520.png

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I sure wish Toyota would update the Tundra. The current model is awfully long in the tooth, and has fallen very far behind the Big 3’s trucks in features and gas mileage.

I want to buy a new truck before I retire and I’ve been waiting for Toyota to update the Tundra. But it looks like it’s not gonna happen any time soon. A pity.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I sure wish Toyota would update the Tundra. The current model is awfully long in the tooth, and has fallen very far behind the Big 3’s trucks in features and gas mileage.

I want to buy a new truck before I retire and I’ve been waiting for Toyota to update the Tundra. But it looks like it’s not gonna happen any time soon. A pity.

It’s coming...some spotty info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Love my corolla. Have 70k miles on it and I know she'll last another 200k more.

Frankly when I discovered the toyota hilux I really wanted one. Then I saw these 3 video s and REALLY wanted one. Color me pissed off when I realized US emissions would not allow them to be imported because they used a 4 cylinder turbo diesel.

If you've never watched these videos I challenge any of the American Motor companies to make a truck that can do this. Keep in mind this thing was beaten to hell when they bought it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I do have a clue: the human race is now largely boring. Consumers are human, but wait, many these days might be even robots or zombies. I've never received any poll or survey in the mail or otherwise from any carmaker asking me my favorite color. If I should get such a survey in the mail from Toyota, I will surely point out that yellow 1980 truck to them.

There is nothing trivial about the price $40,ooo plus for a new pickup, a hay-hauler. I should get any custom color I want for that dollar amount.
    Complaining about boring vehicles yet liking Toyota :facepalm: :laughing:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Love my corolla. Have 70k miles on it and I know she'll last another 200k more.

Frankly when I discovered the toyota hilux I really wanted one. Then I saw these 3 video s and REALLY wanted one. Color me pissed off when I realized US emissions would not allow them to be imported because they used a 4 cylinder turbo diesel.

If you've never watched these videos I challenge any of the American Motor companies to make a truck that can do this. Keep in mind this thing was beaten to hell when they bought it.

You can sorta get close by putting a Toyota diesel engine into a Tacoma...since they’re both Toyota products, I was surprised to see how simple the swap is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You can sorta get close by putting a Toyota diesel engine into a Tacoma...since they’re both Toyota products, I was surprised to see how simple the swap is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the common cures for a diesel in a Toyota truck was the Cummins 4BT swap. Not a lot of horsepower, but lots of low end torque.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    I like the Toyotas but wish they imported a real truck and not the grocery getters.
    These grocery-getters/cow-haulers/horse wagons/boat-towers are imported from Texas if you live in any of the other 49 states. Perhaps the foreign-made ones are more truck-like. This Tundra needs no diesel motor to haul a loaded 24' cattle trailer. 381 stock ponies under the hood. 401 lb-ft torque. The Corvette ZR-1 in 1991 only had 375 HP.

This Texas-made one is no woosy truck:

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom