• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Bought my first 1911 today, Para-Ord SSP. I love it.... put 100 rounds of WWB through today, 2 FTFs (getting some Willson mags, pretty sure thats the issue). This sucker will group.... Going to be sending the slide back to Para for night sights, ordering some slim line grips and calling it good....
    ARJ Defense ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Had problems with my Para mags on mine.Changed the mags and have had no issues.Para will replace the mags if you contact them.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Don't forget about Tripp mags too. Wilson seem to be the mags all the "cool" kids use regardless of whether they're the best out there or not. I know a lot of people that like to use them, bu they have spare springs on hand because they don't last long in new mags.

Vigil Tripp (Tripp Research) makes mags, including true 8 round (7 round for officers) mags vs. use a follower that allows an extra round in a 7 round mag like others. He's here in Texas also, and is known as one of, if not the best mag. manufacture around.

I have McCormick Shooting Stars and the ones Kimber uses (used to be and may still be McCormicks) with Tripp rebuild kits that run flawlessly also.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Thanks for the info, not known for being one of "the cool kids" (does not play well with others and all) but locally Kimber are about all any body has in stock. I will check out Tripp as well.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    You may also want to take a gander at McCormick Power Mags, not the Shooting Stars, but the Power Mags. Every 1911 I have owned ran fine with the Power Mags, even ones that didnt run with Wilsons. They also used to be much more affordable than either Wilson or Tripp.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Congrats and welcome to the club ... I have a Springfield and a Kimber Ultra Carry II, which I carry in cooler weather ... I got Tripp mags for the Kimber and they are excellent ... better start a cookie jar fund like I have; you'll want another one soon ...

Top Bottom