My first handgun!!! San Antonio

knayewesttx

Dec 15, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
OK! im back....

sorry I took so long to reply.....
so I decided it would be best for me to start nice and simple......
so I got a S&W Sigma 9mm..

some of u guys say it's not a worthy gun, but I don't think that's true. It's been great. No hick ups as of yet nor do i expect any.

Thanks for yall help

Ladies and gentlemen im finally buying my first handgun today april 22, 2009.
BUT......

I really dont know what to get. I have about $500 to spend on it. I'm in the San Antonio area. It's going to be a home defense gun.
(9mm)

and i dont want to buy online..... I finally have the money, I want it TODAY!!!
any help would be nice.

Skip

TGT Addict
Aug 26, 2008
NW San Antonio
Check out the Powderhorn Gunshop, and several others here in our area. As exciting as it can get, try to be patient and check out and hold several models before you commit to your first grab off the shelf. Have fun (theres nothing wrong with being excited), and just be patient. You want the most for your money. Good luck

Texas Solo

May 4, 2008
San Antonio
Academy has S&W M&P 9's at $499 and Glock 19 + 17's at $529.....if you can find them. I have all three of the above and would recommend any of them.

They do have plenty of S+W Sigma 9's in stock ( a Glock knock off) at $349, which would leave you some ammo $$$....if you can find it.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Just don't let someone talk you into buying something you don't want. I wanted to buy an XD 45 but I let someone talk me into a 40. I love my CZ and I'm happy I bought it, but now I have to out and buy the XD 45 to. So just get what you want and not what someone else wants you to get and you will be happier.
P.S Look into the XD service all calibers (9mm,.40 S&W,.45 ACP)

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
I forgot CZ probably deserves a look to, got 75 B .40 for under $400 out the door from a pawn shop. Bran new they are about $405 (not positive) but it shoots great and the 9mm I hear shoots better. The only problems are finding holsters and not having a decocker on some models. If getting a CHL is in the future for you I'd go with the XD or a Glock.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members