• ...and so much more!
  • knayewesttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    OK! im back....

sorry I took so long to reply.....
    so I decided it would be best for me to start nice and simple......
    so I got a S&W Sigma 9mm..

some of u guys say it's not a worthy gun, but I don't think that's true. It's been great. No hick ups as of yet nor do i expect any.

Thanks for yall help

Ladies and gentlemen im finally buying my first handgun today april 22, 2009.
    BUT......

I really dont know what to get. I have about $500 to spend on it. I'm in the San Antonio area. It's going to be a home defense gun.
    (9mm)

and i dont want to buy online..... I finally have the money, I want it TODAY!!!
    any help would be nice.
    Lynx Defense

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Check out the Powderhorn Gunshop, and several others here in our area. As exciting as it can get, try to be patient and check out and hold several models before you commit to your first grab off the shelf. Have fun (theres nothing wrong with being excited), and just be patient. You want the most for your money. Good luck

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Academy has S&W M&P 9's at $499 and Glock 19 + 17's at $529.....if you can find them. I have all three of the above and would recommend any of them.

They do have plenty of S+W Sigma 9's in stock ( a Glock knock off) at $349, which would leave you some ammo $$$....if you can find it.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Just don't let someone talk you into buying something you don't want. I wanted to buy an XD 45 but I let someone talk me into a 40. I love my CZ and I'm happy I bought it, but now I have to out and buy the XD 45 to. So just get what you want and not what someone else wants you to get and you will be happier.
    P.S Look into the XD service all calibers (9mm,.40 S&W,.45 ACP)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I forgot CZ probably deserves a look to, got 75 B .40 for under $400 out the door from a pawn shop. Bran new they are about $405 (not positive) but it shoots great and the 9mm I hear shoots better. The only problems are finding holsters and not having a decocker on some models. If getting a CHL is in the future for you I'd go with the XD or a Glock.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Good luck with your search. You may also want to look at buying a revolver, since it's your first handgun. Just my $.02

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    not sure what the most recent price is , but a sig 226 is an excellent choice

Only chance at a P226 in that price range is a CPO, which is an excellent option, but even then it would most likely be $550+ at a reputable shop, and $600 or more at a currently "taking advantage of a free market" shop. Retail is usually in the $775 and up range depending on how well dressed you want her to be. Damn fine pistols, but not budget guns. Even used ones will stay up in price, anywhere from $550-$700 depending on condition. Especially now when everyone wants to make a buck on a gun sale.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Look at the Smith and Wesson M&P. Academy prices are good, and you can send in rebate coupon for 2 free magazines. Mine shoots great...same category as Glock, but felt better in my hand, made in USA.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I think in your price range, the best bang for the buck is Glock, or XD. But you might be able to find a CPO Sig (Certified Pre Owned) in that price range. Something like a P226, P229 or P239 are excellent guns and great HD weapons in any of the calibers.

Good luck, and post up some pictures once you've got you baby home.

Top Bottom