• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    A while back I had purchased a dedicated .22 rimfire upper for some cheap practice and to give the local bushy tails & cottontails a place in my stew pot. I had been swapping the .22 upper back and forth with my Bushmaster .556/223upper assembly, which was sometimes inconveinent. I decided to look for another lower assembly for the .22 and found that they were either almost impossible to find or waaaay too overpriced. I went to the gunshow yesterday hoping to find a lower assembly, used if possible, for the .22 upper but instead found a guy that had a new in box stripped RRA lower, new in package RRA lower parts kit and new in package RRA 6 position stock with spring & buffer. All of these added together were 25% less than even bargain base asssemblies. RRA lower assemblies were ranging from $450-$475. I purchased the parts, took them home and with the step by step instructions on another website assembled and tested the lower assemby. I was amazed just how simple it was to do so and everything works perfectly. I will try to get the picture up tomorrow.

I have now disassembled an upper assembly and replaced the upper housing and now the lower assembly build......my next may be a complete from the ground up build!!

tex45acp
    Military Camp

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Well here are the pictures!!
    RRAlower001.jpg

RRAlower002.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent job. I'm about to start a build over the next couple months. I just got a great deal on an assembled upper, so all I'll need to build is the lower which is really easy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom