• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Never thought I would make this thread ever. Really didnt want to deal with extra bullshit needed to go through with NFA items but I was finally convinced to buy a suppressor.

I went with a SilencerCo Omega 36. Looks like it can be used on anything from 22 hornet to 338LM. I am just wanting it to save my hearing when I hunt and for when I shoot my ARs
    Guns International

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You have one of the first series PC9s ?
    No its the newer one. I bought it for $499 at Orschelns during the middle of the corona crap. Didnt even realize it was a ban state model until I got home. No threaded barrel, 10 round mag in the box

Kind of a piss off but no one to blame except myself. I have to get the barrel threaded now that I am entering the suppressor world. Before I couldnt give a rats ass if it was threaded

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Make sure you buy all the fittings needed for caliber changes as they can be hard to come by after the fact. BTDT. Also semi auto require the spring thing in them and bolt actions and such don't. At least mine are that way. Get both and all the caliber end pieces.

Reactions: MTA

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Only semi-auto pistols that have a tilting barrel locked in the slide need the recoil booster. Fixed barrel guns like bolt actions, HK P7, FN 5.7, and most rifles just use the direct threads or fixed spacer.

The recoil booster might actually increase your chances of a baffle strike if you use it on a stationary barreled gun.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Make sure you buy all the fittings needed for caliber changes as they can be hard to come by after the fact. BTDT. Also semi auto require the spring thing in them and bolt actions and such don't. At least mine are that way. Get both and all the caliber end pieces.
    Yep already got the ones I need for right now. That was the only con the salesman had for it.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Welcome to the dark side. Although, 1 is none.
    Quickly finding that out. If auto sears were still produced and cheaper I would have done this a long time ago.

Just suppressors for now. I really have zero interest in short barreled rifles or shotguns

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Since I do most of my shooting at indoor ranges, I seldom use my cans.
    Sometimes I'll break them out to let people shoot with them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Quickly finding that out. If auto sears were still produced and cheaper I would have done this a long time ago.

Just suppressors for now. I really have zero interest in short barreled rifles or shotguns
    I remember when Mac 10’s were cheaper then the stamp & H&K sears were $350.00!

Reactions: MTA
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom