• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I have a similar one. Mine came from RIA with a skeleton trigger and hammer and Novak-like sights BUT NO RAIL (thank goodness). I left those on. I bought mine used with 50-rounds through it and a set of Colt checkered grips already installed. I took the giant clunky ambi safety off and switched the guide rod to GI parts. It's my first and only 1911 and I see no reason to change. I took the billboard off the side of my slide too. I don't see my model currently offered. Hmmm...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have a similar one. Mine came from RIA with a skeleton trigger and hammer and Novak-like sights BUT NO RAIL (thank goodness). I left those on. I bought mine used with 50-rounds through it and a set of Colt checkered grips already installed. I took the giant clunky ambi safety off and switched the guide rod to GI parts. It's my first and only 1911 and I see no reason to change. I took the billboard off the side of my slide too. I don't see my model currently offered. Hmmm...
    How did you remove the billboard?

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I have 4 RIA's, the last is a 1911 A2 FS HC. It came with a 10 round MAGA., I thought a 14 came with it. I have order one from Advanced Tactical. The MAGA would not lock in place. It was for a PARA .
    I cut a small amount off the catch, it fits now and cycles. Have not shot it, will when the Digger comes in. M206: 1911 A1 CS: 1911 A2: and a BBR 3.10.
    I tried to contact Armscor & Advanced Tactical. Have not heard from either in a week.
    Once before I contacted Advanced Tactical and had immediate response, must be the flu.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I seem to recall an article where it stated that the RIA GI is the closest modern day 1911 to the original military issue...

That may be a true statement as Springfield Armory no longer sells their GI model; but when they did, I would say it had that distinction...

Wallpaper.jpg

For one, The Springer GI models had a forged frame whereas most of the $400 M1911 market pistols (i.e. the Rock Island/Armscor/Charles Daly/Iver Johnson, etc.) had cast ones.

I believe Springfield's entry in that category is now the Mil-Spec.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have owned 3 different .45 cap’s in my life. Very first was a Colt series 70, in my late teens. No break in, shot great. It was why I started reloading. I put lots of rounds thru it and could hip shoot it very well. I loaned it to a guy I worked with for a security job and never seen it again

My next .45acp was a H&K P9S target model. Made the Colt seem like a big clunky out dated gun. Only draw backs are the front sight blade is very high (like a suppressor sight) and the euro style magazine release. I seen it as a modern masterpiece. Holster options sucked.

I wanted another .45 to carry and figured another 1911 was in order. Baer’s & Wilson’s we’re the shit at that time. I order a Baer SRP & started waiting. Baer suggest breaking in with 500 rounds of cheap dirty ammo without cleaning until it stops or the ammo was gone. I carried it a lot and never had an issue with it.

I’m currently waiting on a Tucker chest holster. I bought 2 Tucker holsters for it an Answer and a holster belt spare magazine holder. Cranking down on the belt pretty much it wrecks my back. Hopefully my chest rig gets here by the end of the month.

My Les Baer SRP will be my last pistol to sell. I need to replace the sights as the Tritium is out of date. It’s one of the last wood & steel guns for me to buy.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I went to the mailbox and my 14 round maga was here.
    It too is a Para 14. Now with the 14 and 10 rounders I will find out
    how the new Rock shoots when the Dagger comes in next week.
    And see if @Grumps21 wants to shoot again.

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    Thanks for the review.
    I started looking this morning for a RIA as my oldest grand is about to turn 21. I am looking at the 1911 A1 for his first. The price range is right and I want something for him to learn with. Not the shooting part, the " I want to improve the machine" part. This review and all the comments gave me a lot more confidence in this purchase.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    // 51453

GI STANDARD FS HC 45ACP 10RD​

Go ahead and get a 10 rounder. 14 round MAGAzines are available.
    Mine was $499@PSA.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom