• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Thank God for reloading!!!! It's the only way I can afford to shoot these days. But once those supplies are gone I dont know what I will do. I simply will not practice with my factory ammo any more than I have to.

tex

True that... .45 needs to seriously go down in price... I'll be ordering online and waiting to accrue a small stockpile before I pick up a 1911
    ARJ Defense ad

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Well another trip to the range and having adjusted the front sight for the 1"-2" left I also filed 1/32" off the top of the front sight to bring the point of impact closer to the point of aim and this is looking more like what I want out of my handguns. A bit more adjustment and I'll be a happy man. I also found some nice Hogue Ironwood Double Diamond Grips to dress her up a bit.
    IMG_0082.jpg

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Looking at my previous targets, I too was a little surprised. It seems as the gun breaks in from more rounds, and things settle into place, the gun gets a little more accurate. The new grips helped as well giving me a much better purchase on the gun.
    I have yet to shoot from a bench, which I don't like to do anyway, but I am sure it would cut that group in half. Oh to have a Ransom Rest to really find out what it is capable of.

rest.gif

kmbrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    WACO
    Ria 1911

Tex45acp ,Be real carefull about the height of the Fiber Opt. tritium combo you want for the front ,as you cannot file it down [obviously] and you will have to get your vertical good by using a shorter or taller rear. I went to a Novak Extreme adjustable to solve this.

Top Bottom