• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I've been around for a while, mostly ripping on Beto & 1911 carriers, and enjoying TGT. I've bought a few guns through the classified section. I'm hoping to make it to the fall gathering next week.

My name is Mark Haverkorn and I'm a 39 year old oral surgeon in San Antonio. Earlier this year I left a large group practice to start my own practice. The practice, River City Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (RCOMS), should be open in December. Right now I am seeing patients in a friend's office in San Antonio. My website is under construction so if you click the link in my signature you won't get anything yet.

I'm planning on having a YouTube channel and other social media. I contacted the site owners about sponsoring TGT as a way to to begin my digital footprint and they agreed. I figured you guys can help me figure out what works and what doesn't work. I like guns, you like guns, you have money, I want your money. It should work out for everyone.

RCOMS is going to be a low cost, full-scope oral & maxillofacial surgery practice. As an example, I will remove all four wisdom teeth for $1000 out the door. That includes the x-rays, exam, anesthesia -- everything. A single erupted tooth is $300 out the door with anesthesia (deep IV sedation). To be perfectly upfront, there is a $200 exam and x-ray fee that is applied to your surgery. If you don't have surgery I'm keeping the $200. I'm modeling RCOMS off the Surgery Center of Oklahoma. I'll post the full fee schedule soon. These prices are good now even while I'm using my friend's office.

I graduated from dental school in San Antonio in 2003 and medical school at LSU-Shreveport in 2006. I finished my residency in 2009. I was fortunate to train at a very good residency program in Shreveport. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but the Shreveport OMFS program with Drs. Ghali and Kim is world renowned.

I practiced about 18 months in the DFW area then came to San Antonio to work at the Audie Murphy VA Hospital. I spent two years there before I was pulling my hair out and had to get back to private practice. I joined a large group in San Antonio in December 2012 and was with them until earlier this year.

I am one of two private practice oral surgeons taking hospital call in San Antonio. The other surgeon, Dr. Ryan Leonhart of South Texas Oral Surgery, is the guy letting me use his office at the moment. The two of us take care of a lot of very sick and medically compromised patients through the Methodist Hospital system in San Antonio.

I have to go pull some dad duty but I'll be back with more soon. Thanks to TGT for giving me this opportunity and thanks to you guys for looking at this! I'm posting a few pics of my family, the cows, and the new office. My wife, Rashel Haverkorn, is a urologist here in San Antonio w/ Urology San Antonio. My father-in-law and I cabled the office ourselves.
    Gun Zone Deals

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    20180825_121159.jpg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Knock me out, remove all garbage, install a full set of permanent aftermarket chompers, wake me up, and I'll shill for you all over the interbutts.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Heh! My wife is a dental Hygienist. My father in law taught at the UT dental school in Houston for over 20 years. Lectured at Pankey etc. Got all kinds of awards from the TDA. Glad you opened up shop, best of luck with it! You've got to work on the 1911 thing though.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thank you for your sponsorship. I had a wisdom tooth removed recently and will more then likely require the others removed as well. When I finally give in to getting the rest removed I will definitely be giving you a call.

Hill Billy

USN 1974 -1977
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Colorado
    Funny thing today.. I had a Bridge made and fitted last week. Went to the Dentist today and everything fits perfect.

Top Bottom