ARJ Defense ad

My GSG-5's Big Brother Finally Arrived!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    :D Coharie Arms 94 (MP5 Clone 9mm)
    It came with the standard A2 stock and I already replaced it with an A3 and HK "marked" MP5 mags.

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Very nice! Just curious but, if I may ask, where did you get the CA94 from? I've been wanting to eventually get an mp5 or mp5k pdw clone in 9mm. The majority I see are usually in 40sw or some other non 9mm caliber.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Very nice! Just curious but, if I may ask, where did you get the CA94 from? I've been wanting to eventually get an mp5 or mp5k pdw clone in 9mm. The majority I see are usually in 40sw or some other non 9mm caliber.

I purchased mine from what was described as one of the few remaining ones Special Weapons/Coharie Arms were making off of GunBroker. Purchased on 6/15, shipped out on 7/1, arrived 7/7.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102441710

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Thanks guys... Yea, I'm questioning the use of the "Marked" LEO mags as on HKPro.com, they're telling me I might run into some issues with it when approached by law enforcement or goverment agent. How I see it though, the Eotechs also have the same text, but there's no issues on that. What do you guys think?

I just want to get some of ya'lls opinions and experiences. These mags are still brand new (never shot with them) and only used to load rounds and used one to test the clearance on the CA94. Depending on the responses, I'll either keep them or sell them back off, as they're weren't cheap at all... :-(

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Do not worry.The mags were marked for LEO and military when the old ban was in effect.You can have those mags legally without worrying about breaking any laws in Texas.I have a lot of mags with this text on them.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    sweet... you know you could have played that better... You could have said,

"No Cyfer, you shouldn't use those mags. I'm a LEO so I can use them and not have to worry about it. You should sell me the mags for $20 each and save yourself the frustration."

lol

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    About to, in about 30 minutes... Leaving work now, head home, pack up the two MP5 clones, ammo, wait, a crap load of ammo, and eyes and ears... :-D

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Ok, so I took it out to Memorial Shooting Center and put 200rds through it. Smooth, crisp, and no FTE's right out of the box. Very accurate. At 10-15yds, was able to keep my groupings within a 3" circle. Now, my only complaint would be the sights. This could be due to relying on the Coharie sight, rather than an actually HK rear "drum" sight and that the clone is sighted in at 25 meters, but it shot real low. About 4"-5" low if puting the center of your target right above the front post. I had to aim at the target close to the bottom of the front post to make it hit where I was aiming for.
    Overall, was very pleased and happy with the purchase.

Now, I just need a UMP in .45cal. :-D

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, definitely don't worry about "restricted" mags like that. That was just relevant under the AWB, however it is no longer applicable in Texas so you can use any type of mag you like. :)

That's good to hear you haven't had any FTF's, FTE's, etc so far. I always hear of issues like that with most clones, though it seems to be really random as some clones work flawlessly and then others from the same manufacturer are sometimes basket cases.

Man, I've been looking at doing a UMP conversion on a USC. The thing that sucks is it seems to be around $3500+ when all is said and done. I think I'd much rather build an Mp5k PDW clone and then start saving for a very, very, very.....very long time for a sear. ;) lol

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    So I finally got down to the range to have a little fun with the CA94. Since I've had it, I've put about 700rds through it and didn't have any problems. I guess I got lucky and didn't need to change out the extractor spring and firing pin just yet. Here's a quick video from yesterdays shoot. Looking for people to critique my stance and the such:
    th_dfa23371.gif

Top Bottom