I'm working up range rules. One area I would appreciate input:
Minimum age to shoot.
What input can I get?

Thank you

Nortex

May 4, 2013
Republic of Texas
min age of 44 works for me

But seriously, are you looking to open as a self-serve membership operation or will the range be manned during hours of operation? (Kinda affects my answer).

Regardless, I like a policy of must be 21 or have a CHL for handguns.

If you're willing to share, what distance, number of lanes, caliber restrictions?

I frequent BPS indoor for my pistol shooting and the occasional Camp Bullis trip on the weekends for long guns, but always looking for another place to shoot.

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
I know some 14 year old I feel safer shooting next to than some 44 year old.

Tough question ...

Nortex

May 4, 2013
Republic of Texas
I know some 14 year old I feel safer shooting next to than some 44 year old.
don't we all. Some 14 yr olds can give Hillco Gunsmith some better inputs too. ;)

Jim, maybe start off with a small group of shooters for a couple of weeks and expand from there?

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
Obviously minors (under 18) should have a parent or guardian with them to shoot.

And why would having a CHL be a requirement? I know plenty of people without CHLs who are safe shooters.

Nortex

May 4, 2013
Republic of Texas
Read it again....I suggested 21 or CHL to bring handguns on range (active military can get a CHL at 18). I didn't say anything about CHL-holders only.

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
TGT Supporter
Nov 7, 2010
Justin, TX
Minimum age? How about tall enough to see over the bench. Lots of people teach their kids to shoot at a very young age.

So notex, I'm guessing you don't want most LEO's on your range? Most of them don't have a CHL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
Minimum age? How about task enough to see over the bench. Lots of people teach their kids to shoot at a very young age.

So notex, I'm guessing you don't want most LEO's on your range? Most of them don't have a CHL.
There you go.

Instead of generating a lot of rules based upon no sound reasoning, hire decent, respectful RSOs to weed out the commandos.

Minimum unaccompanied age should be 18.
I would imagine that is insurance driven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom