• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Finally made it to Scheels on 121 today. Very cool store. Prices are a bit high, but man do they have stuff. Gigantic store.

I’m guessing they had 1000 guns. I had just come from Cabelas who had about 200 at most.

Lots of ammo on their shelves too. Tons of gear, scopes, etc. Not sure I’ve seen that many and different P-Mags. They even had the 33 rd Glock factory mags. Powder appeared out, but a fair amount of projectiles and other gear.

If you haven’t been, it’s worth the trip.
    Lynx Defense

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Man we need a Scheel's. We're stuck with the cluster fluck that is Carter's Country and a bunch of small shops that don't have any inventory.

Rumor has it Sportsman's Warehouse in some Midwestern states have been chock-full of primers and other reloading components at decent prices too.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Did ya have to wear a mask?
    When I went yesterday they didn't require one...though 90%+ had one on.
    It's not far from you, make the drive over. I spent some time talking to the manager in the ammo area and figured out they get their ammo and other shooting supplies late in the afternoon.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thanks M -
    Yeah, it wasn’t a rhetorical question. I was planning to make the drive over there. Thought I’d see if the missus had an interest in going. She’s not that big on outdoor/shooting stuff but anything new in the line of ‘shopping’ she usually wants to see at least once! Just wanted to know about their mask enforcement rule.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks M -
    Yeah, it wasn’t a rhetorical question. I was planning to make the drive over there. Thought I’d see if the missus had an interest in going. She’s not that big on outdoor/shooting stuff but anything new in the line of ‘shopping’ she usually wants to see at least once! Just wanted to know about their mask enforcement rule.
    Tell her you will drop her at Nebraska Furniture Mart while you hit Sceels. Problem solved.

Unless you let her keep the cash and credit cards. That's self inflicted and all on you.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I have only ventured onto the second floor into the shooting/archery/ammo sections. That is a small part of the place.
    I hear you on Ikea. My wife thinks they're closed to the public, I'll keep letting her think that.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Thanks M -

My daughter went with her husband and her only comment - they have a good coffee bar. Send the wife over to that area.

Top Bottom