• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    The company is allowing those who want to dress up on Halloween to do so. Here is the message they sent out.

"A reminder for those dressing up on Thursday: costumes must be work appropriate and can not include any weapons."

My response.

"I assume this is referring to no real weapons to be used as a prop with a costume?"

Company response.

"This includes no fake or toy weapons. Items such as plastic guns, bow and arrows, knives, etc. are not allowed. Absolutely nothing that could be confused as a weapon."
    Venture Surplus ad

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The company is allowing those who want to dress up on Halloween to do so. Here is the message they sent out.

"A reminder for those dressing up on Thursday: costumes must be work appropriate and can not include any weapons."

My response.

"I assume this is referring to no real weapons to be used as a prop with a costume?"

Company response.

"This includes no fake or toy weapons. Items such as plastic guns, bow and arrows, knives, etc. are not allowed. Absolutely nothing that could be confused as a weapon."
    Congratulations. You have been identified as a malcontented troublemaker. Get your resume freshened up!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    No one talks about him at work. Unofficial company policy: Orange man bad. Coming in as him would probably be worse than having a plastic toy weapon at work.
    Exactly why I said it. I assumed with a policy like they stated that orange man would be bad.

Isn’t part of what folks do at Halloween is dress up as something scary? Hey, at least you didn’t bring a toy weapon.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Some years ago, a friend at work sent me an email asking about something and saying to the effect , "why don't we do "X"". Not only was "X" dumb, it was illegal. So I wrote back and included a line like, "..Now I understand why we can't have weapons at work..", and then explained why we had to keep doing things a certain way.

Well, he thought my answer was pretty good and copied the reply to someone, who copied it to someone, and eventually it made it to Human Resources and the President of the company. Next thing I know, I get a call from my friend apologizing profusely and warning me that the company now wants my head on a platter. He managed to convince them that it wasn't a threat but just one friend making a point to another friend, but still I got "that call" from my POS boss. (They do that passive-aggressive thing, which I hate beyond description.) "Did you get a copy of the email policy?" Yeah, but.. "I'm going to send you a copy of the policy" Look, I know what this is about. Let me explain... "So I'm going to need you to read the policy." I've read the f***ing policy... "We need to make sure you've read the policy.." etc.

If you've seen the movie "Office Space", you know how the conversation goes.

Same company came within an hour of not making payroll when Enron fell, as they were doing the same things as Enron. They barely managed to survive. I would have happily testified before Congress or the courts that the management was too stupid to have knowingly violated the law.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Have to agree with the policy in the OP.
    Left half of the population can't be trusted with plastic forks and knives ...

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    Some years ago, a friend at work sent me an email asking about something and saying to the effect , "why don't we do "X"". Not only was "X" dumb, it was illegal. So I wrote back and included a line like, "..Now I understand why we can't have weapons at work..", and then explained why we had to keep doing things a certain way.

Well, he thought my answer was pretty good and copied the reply to someone, who copied it to someone, and eventually it made it to Human Resources and the President of the company. Next thing I know, I get a call from my friend apologizing profusely and warning me that the company now wants my head on a platter. He managed to convince them that it wasn't a threat but just one friend making a point to another friend, but still I got "that call" from my POS boss. (They do that passive-aggressive thing, which I hate beyond description.) "Did you get a copy of the email policy?" Yeah, but.. "I'm going to send you a copy of the policy" Look, I know what this is about. Let me explain... "So I'm going to need you to read the policy." I've read the f***ing policy... "We need to make sure you've read the policy.." etc.

If you've seen the movie "Office Space", you know how the conversation goes.

Same company came within an hour of not making payroll when Enron fell, as they were doing the same things as Enron. They barely managed to survive. I would have happily testified before Congress or the courts that the management was too stupid to have knowingly violated the law.
    I heard there was a problem with your TPS reports...

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom