• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I bought an M&P 40 a couple weeks back and thought I'd post about it.

I chose the M&P because I liked the feel of it better than a Glock or XD/XDm. I think they are all fine guns, but this one felt best to me. After experimenting, I have discovered that even though I have medium sized hands, I like the large backstrap the best. I like the easy takedown on this gun and cleaning has been a breeze.

The trigger on mine is pretty smooth but very heavy. I estimate it around 8-10lbs. I will see about getting a little trigger work done to it, but I am happy to report none of the 'gritty' feeling that others have had. The sights are low profile and were right on out of the box. I got the one with the external safety. I just like knowing I have that extra precaution. (when I drill, I practice thumbing the safety down every time I draw) The recoil isn't bad and muzzle flip is very manageable. The only brawback I have is readjusting my grip from my STI.

I've put 250rds through it so far with no FTF/FTE. I am very happy.

Here are some pics.

All these were shot at 7yds
    img0046t.jpg

Here is 20rds at 3yds
    img0012vfc.jpg

My well used knife.
    img0048j.jpg

49606569.jpg
    DK Firearms

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    FROM 7 YARDS a blind man cloud hit that! I'm just kidding great shooting man now move back to 10 and see how she does glad that you posted a report a friend has been asking about an M&P, now I have some thing to tell him.

Reacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Grand Prairie, TX
    The range I went to (Marksman off Galveston Rd in South Houston) had lines painted on the range. I didn't know how far they were, but after I shot I went and found out. I'd prefer lines at 5, 10, 15 and 25yrds. This range only had them at 3 & 7 with 18yds being the max distance.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool! Looks like your groupings are pretty decent. M&P's are great guns too. Fist sized groupings as fast as you can shoot them is usually ideal.

As far as the trigger goes, you might check this guy out as I hear he does excellent work for the M&P's:

Smith and Wesson M & P

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    3, 7 and 18 are the distances for the CHL, I have been contemplating an M&P, but my XD has too strong of a hold right now.....

kmbrman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    WACO
    Reacher The M&P full size 9mm I own will consistently group 2" from a horizontal rest for your forearms at 50 ' .I haven't owned a 9mm of any other make that will do this from my hands . One of the pistols was a Sig. 226 in 9mm. I think the 40 S&W should do as well since the M&P was first developed for 40S&W.

Top Bottom