my medication

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DCortez, Jun 18, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Watching tv with the family. Ritalin comes over the tube. Kid asks ... Dad, were you raised on Ritalin or Padda-lin :lolz:

I said Padda-lin ... they could mass medicate on the cheap and you didn't need a glass of water.

2. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    LOL...I got my rear end a bit of a paddlin' daily when growing up

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ritalin is the biggest ripoff. It does nothing.

4. micah7488

micah7488 Member

wow, I felt really dumb there. It took me more than a reasonable amount of time to get the padda-lin thing. oi vey

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man I had a paddle with my name on it in High School.
    If it was not one of the coaches it was the vice p that was swinging.
    As long as I did not have to see the Sr. Vice P it was ok but if you went to him - well lets say no one left without tears and fears from his office! LOL!!!

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Not true! It does work if it is needed but if it is not it is stupid. The doctors put me on that shit in junior high and I quit taking it and learned how to control my ADD not the other way around. Ritalin has it's place on extreme cases . But it should be used as an aid to get to the point of control not as a permanent solution.

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    AI also got my ass beat on a regular basis. My mother said that all my life I laughed threw almost every padlin I got. My dad had a feed store and got creative, he had a show stick for pigs. for those that are not red necks this is a 3' 5/8" fiberglass dow rod with nylon wrapped around it. When he did not have one of those it was a horse whip (same thing just with a leather loop at the end)

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    When I went to school, here in Houston, you would sign the paddle after meeting it. Anyone else have that tradition?

9. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yeah, not true AT ALL. I used to be of the same mindset. I was wrong too.

However, there is a better class of drugs now for the treatment of ADD?ADHD.

10. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Mine picked up an old shingle to paddle me with, it broke, I laughed, I didn't laugh when he whacked my rear with his coiled lariat rope.....

Mom didn't paddle, much worse, when I goofed, she gave me bathroom KP, scrubbing the commode inside and out. Also Yard Bird duty, couldn't leave the yard to go play "over yonder". It worked better than paddling in my case. :icon_popcorn: