My Neighbors Called the Po-Po on Me

MTA89

CEO of White Privilege Inc.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Todd asked me on a date. Nothing else. Now it's weird between us since I turned him down.
Lol but seriously. Did the neighbor kick the bucket ??

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
Jan 20, 2021
Cypress, TX
Ranges are such fun and always seem to draw a few soreheads. At Lake City AAP we had a huge outdoor one (well over a thousand meters) as well as a much smaller one indoors with bullet traps. The outdoor one had an old berm built by the Corps of Engineers, so you know. Anyway all NATO ammo batches had to be tested in all weapons used by all NATO nations. French machine guns tore hell out of cases, a very good test of annealing. Not surprisingly downrange property was the cheapest to be found in the county so here they came out from town. Things were okay with the 5.56 and the 7.62. But when firing .50 cal and 25mm, especially 25mm in the Vulcan; boy here they came. We lived several miles away in town and you could here the Vulcan and others when the wind was out of the north. There was one partially completed house near the range when I arrived and it was still there 14 years later when I escaped just as it was only a little worse for wear. Watching the tracer tests at night was way cheaper than fireworks and cars would park along the road for the show. Tracers are always fun and some batches produced real doozies, corkscrews, flameouts, blinkers, novas, etc. Complaints by the score arrived but hey, we were there first. Of course a few off-range bullet holes were found but hey, nobody's perfect.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
Growing up not far from Camp Bullis back during the mid 1970’s night time gunfire was common. It was actually kinda neat to hear the ratta-tat-tat off in the distance. No one complained then. The army had been doing that stuff over there since WW1.
Nowadays General Major Brigadier Karen commands everything so firing is very much reduced.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads