• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just got done building my first AR. Now my Bush has a big brother. It is a 24" stainless barreled varmint rifle. Essential Arms lower and RRA upper. Bought the upper locally.

I need a bi-pod and a scope. Any suggestions? Looking for a decent 6x24 ??. or something similar. Don't wanna spend a lot of money right now, maybe in a few years.
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• Vermint Rifle.jpg
      Vermint Rifle.jpg
      22.6 KB · Views: 315

TomCat0197

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Converse
    It looks like you have a quad rail gas block... correct? If so, get a swivel model Harris or clone of one. I have an old used QD mount from Falcon Industries I believe that you can have if you want it. I bought a Harris with built in LaRue mount instead. If you want to meet at a range or something, I can give it to you.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    It looks like you have a quad rail gas block... correct? If so, get a swivel model Harris or clone of one. I have an old used QD mount from Falcon Industries I believe that you can have if you want it. I bought a Harris with built in LaRue mount instead. If you want to meet at a range or something, I can give it to you.

Sounds wonderful to me. Thanks. What range do you go to? We are are different sides of the city, but maybe we can meet up at a range.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    What caliber is that beautiful boom stick?

Sorry, kinda left that out. It is 5.56. Still haven't shot her up and it is tearing me up. It is hot and I don't have a scope yet. I have a cheap red dot I might put on it jut to take it to the range for a quick 100 round.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    D-Day, I'm planning on hitting the Bexar County Community range Saturday morning around 9am if you still want that mount.

TomCat, thanks for the offer but I won't be able to make it this weekend. Wife has gotta work and I got the toddler. She's not ready for the range yet. Thanks again though.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    D-day,gun looks great.I know you can't wait to shoot it.I bought a pretty nice 6"-9" bipod off Fleabay for around $20,the guy selling them is here in Tx and ships fast.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    Iveh ad my AR for about 2 months and have yet to shoot her rfor the same reason. But I should be picking up a YHM handguard, low profile gas block, and flip up front sight next weekend. As soon as that stuff is on Im taking her out. Also theres a guy selling some defender Solarforce? light for dirt cheap with mounts available. If youre interested let me know and ill send the link. I just ordered one a few days ago so it should be here sometime next week.

Top Bottom