• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Do you have to wear 2 belts to keep that thing up on your hip?
    :D
    I actually ordered a Beltman 1 3/4" double bullhide belt with stiffeners for the times that I would actually strap it on, which I can assure you won't be often. (The belt hasn't arrived yet. It takes a month to get it from the time you order it). I'm about to order a 1 1/2" for my everyday carry (a Beretta). We'll see how they stand up.

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I do believe that the Older MK VII like the one I have in .44 are smaller, they carry a full 6" barell...as they were interchangable between some calibers (i.e. 41 Mag and 44) to use with the same magazines and frame, but I believe they were a little shorter in overall height until the MK IX came out with the .50AE.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I was at the range recently, and I got to see and hold a Desert Eagle. Photos don't do it justice. It is huge! The muzzle is as big as my little arm. I'd have to design a weight lifting program in order to shoot it properly. But it is very cool.

CallMeTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    The first time I got to fire a .50 DE was when the guy next to me at the range make the mistake of crossing his left thumb over his right when he fired it. What was he thinking? I guess he wasn't thinking at all! Anyway, that's a huge slide, and it took a nice chunk of meat outta that thumb. He stood there in shock for a moment and then handed the gun to me. "I'm gonna see if I can find a bandaid," he said to me. "Do you want to shoot it?" Does a cat have a climbing gear? It was indeed fun to shoot. The shooter feels less of a blast than those standing next to you. It's not the gun for everyone. I shoot much better with my .44 mags. Plus, it's a lot more than I would want to carry.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the older Mk. VII version smaller? I think they are all now built on the same frame regardless of caliber, but the originals were smaller until they came out with the .50AE. A smaller framed .44 mag would appeal to me.

Yes, the older models have smaller frames, I have a Mark I Desert Eagle in .357, and it is beautiful! Don't get me wrong, I like the behemoth look of the XIX, but there's something really nice about having a slightly slimmer frame.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Yes, the older models have smaller frames, I have a Mark I Desert Eagle in .357, and it is beautiful! Don't get me wrong, I like the behemoth look of the XIX, but there's something really nice about having a slightly slimmer frame.
    The Mk I's are what I originally fell in love with. Dang fine gun right there. I love the lines.

CallMeTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    deagle2.jpg

Yeah, I love it, very sleek :) Thinking of getting it refinished in brushed nickel though, what do you think?

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    deagle2.jpg

Yeah, I love it, very sleek :) Thinking of getting it refinished in brushed nickel though, what do you think?

Personally, I think it would be stunning. I like the silver finishes on the Desert Eagles (obviously), and on that model it would be gorgeous. It really accentuates their lines. (VERY NICE Desert Eagle ya got there! It looks like you just took it out of the box for the first time. Ya can tell she's been well cared for).

GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I own a 9mm Baby Desert Eagle. I have shot a lot of "high end" 9mm guns, but the Baby Desert Eagle is by far my favorite. Never failed me and it's just sexy as hell! I definitely recommend them. BTW, this thread has convinced me that the .50 cal Desert Eagle is my next gun. Hopefully I can find THE one at the gun show in 2 weeks. Thanks for the great write up Thumper!

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    nice .50! i am actually curious about the 9mm Baby Eagle. I have beenlooking at those recently and have head they are tack drivers. Whats your opinion?

My wife has a 9mm Baby Eagle, and they are indeed very accurate. There is a new one (full size) out now that has a rail (should you desire such a thing). That one will probably be my next handgun.

I own a 9mm Baby Desert Eagle. I have shot a lot of "high end" 9mm guns, but the Baby Desert Eagle is by far my favorite. Never failed me and it's just sexy as hell! I definitely recommend them. BTW, this thread has convinced me that the .50 cal Desert Eagle is my next gun. Hopefully I can find THE one at the gun show in 2 weeks. Thanks for the great write up Thumper!

Thanks! If you do get a .50AE, you will absolutely love it.

GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Mine is the all metal Baby Eagle. A friend of mine has the poly frame version and I didn't like the way it shot. It didn't seem as balanced as my gun. I don't think there is a sub compact size Baby Eagle. I could be wrong... From my experience the full size Baby Eagle (weird to say that) is what I recommend.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Mine is the all metal Baby Eagle. A friend of mine has the poly frame version and I didn't like the way it shot. It didn't seem as balanced as my gun. I don't think there is a sub compact size Baby Eagle. I could be wrong... From my experience the full size Baby Eagle (weird to say that) is what I recommend.
    I agree. I haven't had the opportunity to fire a poly Baby Eagle, but I really like the all metal Baby Eagles. My wife has a compact and it shoots great, but with my good sized paws, I prefer a full frame with full length grips.

Top Bottom