• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Nice! I have one and its my favorite handgun I have. The Custom II is a fantastic gun for the money. I have upgraded mine as I could afford it. You will love it.

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    (well, new to me anyway)

Cool! I have the stainless version. I thought the plastic grips and mainspring housing felt cheap, so I swapped those out with wood and steel Ed Brown ones. It totally makes my day every time I get to shoot it. :)

IMG_0368.jpg

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    If a 10-yr old boy can learn to do it (under supervision), then any girl can - no? :)
    Is that a double-dog dare? I asked about reloading at Eagle Gun Range and they recommended Freedom Munitions (which are reloads) ..I went to the website but can't figure out if .45 auto is the same as the .45 ACP...pretty sure its not the long colt. However, since I bought a Wilson combat mag that doesn't fit my 1911 (even though it is for .45 acp) I have determined that I have insufficient knowledge to make any online gun-related purchases.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Is that a double-dog dare? I asked about reloading at Eagle Gun Range and they recommended Freedom Munitions (which are reloads) ..I went to the website but can't figure out if .45 auto is the same as the .45 ACP...pretty sure its not the long colt. However, since I bought a Wilson combat mag that doesn't fit my 1911 (even though it is for .45 acp) I have determined that I have insufficient knowledge to make any online gun-related purchases.

Poor girl... It would be a pretty good guess that a .45 auto and .45 acp are the same thing..
    I can trade you some .45 ammo for the wilson mag if you would like.

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    how do you know it will fit your gun? it doesn't fit mine! lol Thanks for the clarification on the .45 auto thing. I didn't want to ass-u-me. The WC mag I have is item 464C KZ-45 .45ACP 9 round standard base pad..I don't think its for a 1911 though, its not single stack (at least I don't think so). So I've emailed them for a return auth number. (I have plenty of experience returning shoes, I have that part of the process down pat)

MR2Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Austin, TX
    very purty

Thanks!

how do you know it will fit your gun? it doesn't fit mine! lol Thanks for the clarification on the .45 auto thing. I didn't want to ass-u-me. The WC mag I have is item 464C KZ-45 .45ACP 9 round standard base pad..I don't think its for a 1911 though, its not single stack (at least I don't think so). So I've emailed them for a return auth number. (I have plenty of experience returning shoes, I have that part of the process down pat)

It appears that that part is for something called a KZ-45.
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/kztest.asp

It appears to be a quasi-1911 design, with a fatter double-stack grip. It's sort of like an STI "2011," I guess.

What you actually need is one of these - Maybe they'll let you exchange it?
    8 Round-Wilson Combat

And yes, .45 Auto is the same as .45 ACP. The "A" in "ACP" actually stands for "automatic."

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    Thank you!! They gave me a return auth number and it is already being returned. Nice peeps. I will be shopping for reloads, cause .45 is kind of expensive!
    Thanks!

It appears that that part is for something called a KZ-45.
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/kztest.asp

It appears to be a quasi-1911 design, with a fatter double-stack grip. It's sort of like an STI "2011," I guess.

What you actually need is one of these - Maybe they'll let you exchange it?
    8 Round-Wilson Combat

And yes, .45 Auto is the same as .45 ACP. The "A" in "ACP" actually stands for "automatic."

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    I took it apart last night and cleaned it and oiled it very sparingly, cause I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. (thank goodness for YouTube) so, I got it back together (quite clumsily, that spring is a little bitch) and everything seems to be functioning. I used some snap caps in it and everything seems smooth. So, how do I make sure it won't blow up next time I use it?
    Beautiful gun. Take care of it and it will treat you well :thumbup:

Sent with mischievous intent

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I took it apart last night and cleaned it and oiled it very sparingly, cause I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. (thank goodness for YouTube) so, I got it back together (quite clumsily, that spring is a little bitch) and everything seems to be functioning. I used some snap caps in it and everything seems smooth. So, how do I make sure it won't blow up next time I use it?

Make sure your bore and barrel are clear and everything is in place. I've heard horror stories of people leaving bore sighters and other obstructions in the barrel and this happens:

ry8use9u.jpg

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    I'm not sure what those terms refer to.. I used a bore snake after and the barrel appears clear when inspected with a light . I don't know what a bore sighter is and I have no idea what that photo is. Should I be alarmed?
    Make sure your bore and barrel are clear and everything is in place. I've heard horror stories of people leaving bore sighters and other obstructions in the barrel and this happens:

ry8use9u.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Should I be alarmed?
    No! Aware of your gear condition yes, but not alarmed.

See the 4 'fingers' curled in different directions? That was a rifle barrel. LoL Where they merge together is the forestock (the wooden hand grippy thingy ;) ). Seems someone didn't check for obstructions before use.

Some of your replies are pretty funny but serious question, do you have some one that assists you when you shoot?

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    not really...the people at Eagle Gun Range are very nice, but limited to target practice. I have a sweet LEO brother, but he is a thousand miles away and my dad is dead. So that's why I'm on here and a few other forums and like I said...YouTube. I realize this is not ideal, but had a scary situation a little while back which pressed this issue for me. I think I wrote about it in one of my first threads--(guy terrorizing me on the interstate, 911 directed me to the PD, he continued to follow me, was arrested, on parole after 10 years in for rape, yada yada) I also have pepper spray and a tactical flashlight. Moral of THAT story, was I had JUST filled my tank as that "chase" went on for over an hour...SO, this is a little more than a hobby, but it IS a fun hobby...so there's that!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't recall reading your chase incident nevertheless it is justification for your interest in firearms. Not being from the area I can't recommend any place specifically but, do yourself a favor and get some quality training. If done properly, it will put your mind at ease concerning firearm safety (meaning you'll understand it thoroughly and it will become 2nd nature) as well as proper shooting techniques etc. The right instructor can do wonders.

CarolRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Dallas
    I bought the gun at a Eagle Gun, I'll ask if they can refer me to someone (I thought they were just for shooting, not gun maintenance--but I can't imagine they'd turn me down, very helpful with everything else) Thanks!

Top Bottom