• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Here's my new C.O.R.E. Gotta take it out and see if I want to put Apex parts in cause the trigger actually feels pretty good. Can't wait to take a class with this one. Hope I can be efficient with the dot. So far, with dry fire runs, I can pick up the dot pretty fast. Hopefully I'll be able to do quick follow up shots. Plan to stipple this soon, if I can get the balls to do it. My biggest pride about this, is that I hope my wife and I have a son and if we do, I would love to pass this down to him when he's old enough.

2uqkpr7.gif

2wmmgi9.gif
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Freakin awesome! How much did it set you back?

Thanks. I actually got a fantastic deal on it. The CORE was 600 but I waited 3 months for it.

Very nice. Small red dot sights on pistols are awesome!

I certainly hope so. I've never tried it. People report that it could be a pain in the eye to find the dot. So far, from just doing the normal at home stuff, I seem to be finding it very well. Let's hope it's the same at the range. If not, I may have to rethink a whole new setup, including a different firearm. Probably the Pro Series.

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That looks so awesome.

very nice

Thanks!

That looks sweet. Nive job on pics.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Thank you. I was so anxious just to play with it, since I haven't been able to make it out to the range since I got it last week, that I set up all kinds of pics. That and going through all of the motions will hold me over till I can go

Here's another...

2ur33pi.gif

that's a dandy Bigun, congrats. Let us know how she shoots

Thanks, sure will. Hopefully by the weekend, if all is well with my wife.

Nice.

How much ammo have you got saved up for that class?

Thanks. I have 400 rounds that I can dedicate to a class, without tapping into my reserves.

Very nice. I'm jealous...

Ha, you probably have some pretty impressive hardware, yourself.

They are supposed to have a better trigger than the regular M&P.

They do for sure. The grittiness is still there more than anything. So, I may just work on the striker block myself and polish it. Other than that, I may get the aluminum trigger. As much as I hate Glocks, I really liked the trigger on those.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ive found the grittiness goes away and the trigger improves greatly after shooting or dry firing a few hundred rounds.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I've heard it eventually goes away. I put 500 rounds through my compact before I got the Apex DCAEK. I can't say I noticed any difference and got impatient. I think a simple polish job will have me content and then I'll want to get rid of that terrible take up. I haven't changed a trigger in any of my firearms yet, but the Apex trigger is supposed to result in a great take up.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    What red dot did you put on there?

I picked up a M&P Pro CORE recently off a gentleman. Very good condition, unmolested, and it came with a Storm Lake threaded barrel as well as the APEX trigger! I put a Trijicon 6.5 MOA adjustable RMR on it, and I really like the set up. The tall sights are high enough to cowitness if need be, but once you have the red dot dialed in, it makes shooting so much easier. Just put the dot on what you want to hit and pull the trigger. I shoot with both eyes open when using the red dot. It takes some getting used to, and it is a bit of a challenge to go back to normal iron sights afterwards. My M&P CORE is going to be more of a range toy, and a host for my suppressor when I get it in. I'm afraid my Beretta 92A1 is going to get awfully lonely.

EDIT: I highly recommend the Apex trigger, mainly because I don't like the idea of a plastic trigger.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    What red dot did you put on there?

I picked up a M&P Pro CORE recently off a gentleman. Very good condition, unmolested, and it came with a Storm Lake threaded barrel as well as the APEX trigger! I put a Trijicon 6.5 MOA adjustable RMR on it, and I really like the set up. The tall sights are high enough to cowitness if need be, but once you have the red dot dialed in, it makes shooting so much easier. Just put the dot on what you want to hit and pull the trigger. I shoot with both eyes open when using the red dot. It takes some getting used to, and it is a bit of a challenge to go back to normal iron sights afterwards. My M&P CORE is going to be more of a range toy, and a host for my suppressor when I get it in. I'm afraid my Beretta 92A1 is going to get awfully lonely.

EDIT: I highly recommend the Apex trigger, mainly because I don't like the idea of a plastic trigger.

I put a JPoint on it. It co-witnesses just fine. I want the same exact RMR you have on yours. I plan to throw the JPoint on a shotgun when I finally get one. I would have gotten the Burris Fastfire two cause, other than the crappy battery door coming loose, the three was great. Got a killer deal on the JP though, so I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to try it all out tomorrow, or the next day.

A lot of people say it's hard to get used to shooting with a red dot on a pistol. So far, I find that I find the dot very fast. But that's not to compliment myself really. I just haven't yet reached the level of marksmen with iron sights that I'd like, so I think that helps me be more open to the dot. Like teaching a baby 2 languages cause they're still learning the first.

Well gee, if that A1 get's lonely, I'll be it's friend. The A1 was in the running for gun to get, but had to go with the M&P. I'll get one eventually.

I think I am pretty certain that I will be getting the Apex aluminum trigger. I have plans for this baby. Gotta take it slow to make sure I have no regrets.

Top Bottom