• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Nice pistol and all but M&P mag availability is horrible right now.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I wouldn't say horrible. It WAS TERRIBLE, but Midway had em in stock for about 3 weeks, so I was able to get a couple. The way they kept going out of stock and coming back in, leads me to believe it's getting better. So I'd say it does suck right now, but I'm optimistic about it. I sure as heck will not pay the 60-80 dollar asking price that some people post these day. Rather get a Promag.

Never the less, I have 4 now. I'm sure they'll be in stock within a couple of months and I'll get another 2.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I put a JPoint on it. It co-witnesses just fine. I want the same exact RMR you have on yours. I plan to throw the JPoint on a shotgun when I finally get one. I would have gotten the Burris Fastfire two cause, other than the crappy battery door coming loose, the three was great. Got a killer deal on the JP though, so I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to try it all out tomorrow, or the next day.

A lot of people say it's hard to get used to shooting with a red dot on a pistol. So far, I find that I find the dot very fast. But that's not to compliment myself really. I just haven't yet reached the level of marksmen with iron sights that I'd like, so I think that helps me be more open to the dot. Like teaching a baby 2 languages cause they're still learning the first.

Well gee, if that A1 get's lonely, I'll be it's friend. The A1 was in the running for gun to get, but had to go with the M&P. I'll get one eventually.

I think I am pretty certain that I will be getting the Apex aluminum trigger. I have plans for this baby. Gotta take it slow to make sure I have no regrets.

Keep your eyes peeled for good deals on RMR's. I paid full price for the one on my CORE, but I picked up another that was mounted but never used for a good price. Optics don't really hold their resale value... Don't pay much more than 50-60% of what they sell for new. Also, there is a really high mark up on optics. I picked up a Trijicon accupoint rifle scope at half the cost I've seen elsewhere just by hunting around. When it comes time to get your RMR, look on Amazon and Optics Planet. Amazon has consistently the best advertised prices, but it would be worth "chatting" with one of the Optics Planet sales reps to see what their best price would be.

Alternatively, EOTech makes a reflex sight called the MRDS. BotachTactical sells them at really good prices. A comparable model to the adjustable Trijicon, with a 7 MOA dot, runs $300 with free shipping. Plus they have a 10% off sale going right now. I've seen/handled the EOTech MRDS, and it is very nice, especially for the money. Considering you could buy two of the eotech's for the price of one Trijicon, I think it is a good option.

I ended up buying a bunch of M&P mags from several different people. I ended up with more than I need, so I'm posting two for sale in the accessories forum. 9mm, 17 round mags. Take a look if you are interested.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Keep your eyes peeled for good deals on RMR's. I paid full price for the one on my CORE, but I picked up another that was mounted but never used for a good price. Optics don't really hold their resale value... Don't pay much more than 50-60% of what they sell for new. Also, there is a really high mark up on optics. I picked up a Trijicon accupoint rifle scope at half the cost I've seen elsewhere just by hunting around. When it comes time to get your RMR, look on Amazon and Optics Planet. Amazon has consistently the best advertised prices, but it would be worth "chatting" with one of the Optics Planet sales reps to see what their best price would be.

Alternatively, EOTech makes a reflex sight called the MRDS. BotachTactical sells them at really good prices. A comparable model to the adjustable Trijicon, with a 7 MOA dot, runs $300 with free shipping. Plus they have a 10% off sale going right now. I've seen/handled the EOTech MRDS, and it is very nice, especially for the money. Considering you could buy two of the eotech's for the price of one Trijicon, I think it is a good option.

I ended up buying a bunch of M&P mags from several different people. I ended up with more than I need, so I'm posting two for sale in the accessories forum. 9mm, 17 round mags. Take a look if you are interested.

I really appreciate the suggestion, and hate to be the guy who just shoots down good advice, but the Eotechs don't co-witness. Otherwise I'd be all over one of those. For that, my options are Docter, JPoint, RMR, Fastfire II, Delta Point, and I believe that is it.

I've seen some used RMRs up for 3-400. Someone was selling the one you have for 400. I wouldn't mind paying that. I'd rather spend 400 on an optic and not have to get one for a long time, then pay 200 and buy it every couple of years. Learned my lesson with the Fastfire III. Bought an Aimpoint Micro and, so far, I'm set. Thank you for the advice, walt.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Talking about the new ones that don't catch the slide stop lever, or the supposed shortage?

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I really appreciate the suggestion, and hate to be the guy who just shoots down good advice, but the Eotechs don't co-witness. Otherwise I'd be all over one of those. For that, my options are Docter, JPoint, RMR, Fastfire II, and I believe that is it.

I've seen some used RMRs up for 3-400. Someone was selling the one you have for 400. I wouldn't mind paying that. I'd rather spend 400 on an optic and not have to get one for a long time, then pay 200 and buy it every couple of years. Learned my lesson with the Fastfire III. Bought an Aimpoint Micro and, so far, I'm set. Thank you for the advice, walt.

Good point about the co-witnessing. Didn't think it through that far. I have my second trijicon on a buck mark. I've considered selling the trijicon to buy an eotech (hopefully pocketing some cash along the way). On the other hand, the trijicon should last me a good long time.

Top Bottom