• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I bought a FNAR a few months ago on a whim. It was my first 308 chambered rifle. I had an idea to make it a short to mid range rifle (0-600 yards) and a great hog gun. I looked and looked for a good 1-8 and 1-6 power scope for under $700. I couldn't make my mind up until the recent sale this last weekend. I got one of the SWFA SS1-6HD that was on sale. The glass quality is superb. I don't have another HD type scope to compare but I have the SS 3-15 and Leupold VXR patrol 3-9x. Just looking through each in the living room out the window, the glass is better than the 3-15 at the edges. It's equal to the Leupy but that is kind of apples and oranges comparison. These comments are the first thoughts and I haven't yet taken it to the range.

The turrets are fine. 10 mils per rev. I haven't tried the zeroing feature. I just thought of it writing this. The only nit picky thing I can come up with is the clicks are not very audible. You can however feel them.
    B607edP.jpg

Here it is on the rifle. I'm stoked to take it to the range. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow after work.
    4Axb3RT.jpg

I didn't get an up close picture of the ARC rings but they are flat out awesome. I have always use typical 4 of 6 screw rings with removable tops. These rings hinge and are secured with 2 screws each. The lower one tightens to the picatiny rail and the top one tightens to the scope body. When I set the scope in the rings with the hinges open, the scope was tight in the bottom half of the ring. This allowed me to finely position the scope without it getting bumped too far. I set the position and simply torqued each hex screw to 55 inch pounds and done.
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The FNAR should shoot well for you. Mine was easily sub-MOA before I was a good shooter. It fed and functioned flawlessly with everything I tried in it.

Looks like you have it set up well for what you have planned for it.

SWFA makes good stuff.

Enjoy it and let us know how it shoots.

Top Bottom