DK Firearms

My new SDS Imports LYNX 12 (A saiga clone)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Fairly new to Texas, moved here from CA, decided I needed to buy a gun that would catch me a felony in kommifornia, but is legal here in the free world.

I’ve always wanted an AK style rifle and a mag fed semi auto shotgun.

I found a gun that met both those needs in one. The SDS Imports LYNX 12. It’s a saiga clone that is actually more reliable than a true saiga. Darn thing will eat the lowest power birdshot without a hiccup.

6511E5AD-BB1E-4043-9F3D-1E7BDB65CBC7.jpeg

But of course I couldn’t keep it stock for even a week. Went to bass pro and picked up a Magpul Zhukov-S folding stock and found a Hogue grip for it at a LGS.

D8353EA4-3B61-40F1-B9B4-87C2BEE14919.jpeg

A0248FA3-810A-4C77-9C19-96F2388D36A1.jpeg

The. I realized that I hadn’t fully freedomized it yet.

Decided I needed a quad rail and a muzzle brake. I want to add a grip, a light, and a Trijicon RMR. Already bought a cheap UTG rail since I had really good luck with the UTG front and rear ghost ring sights I purchased for my ban proof baikal mp18 break action single shot 12ga.

2A77E207-FC86-495F-8073-7DA17358C28F.jpeg

This is also going to be my first NFA firearm. I plan on getting my trust set up and getting a tax stamp and cutting the barrel down to 10 or 12”. Hoping I won’t have to do anything to the gas system since it runs reliably on low brass, light weight birdshot. Even if I do, it’s no sweat off my back.

I’m also looking into ways I can make it have a functioning LRBHO. Loading mags on a closed bolt is a no go. If I can find a way to mod it to load on a closed bolt I’ll do it that way instead.

I’m actually building this as a duty shotgun (for level III and IV security work) and hog gun. It’s going to mostly use slugs. It’s going to be my “oh S***t!” gun.

What sling should I run? My Zhukov-S stock has a QD sling mount and I’m thinking that a single point sling would be the best option for a quick to action rig.

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Got under the wire. Chinese trade barriers I believe start at midnight. Price of your gun my increase in value.
    I didn’t even know this was happening lol. Literally paid $500 bucks for it.

I kind of want to keep it but if it becomes a unicorn like saigas and vepr’s i might be tempted to sell it.

But tbh I’ll probably just keep it. I have plans for it and bought it for my job.

Glad I managed to nab one

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I didn’t even know this was happening lol. Literally paid $500 bucks for it.

I kind of want to keep it but if it becomes a unicorn like saigas and vepr’s i might be tempted to sell it.

But tbh I’ll probably just keep it. I have plans for it and bought it for my job.

Glad I managed to nab one

Neat gun, but what the hell job is it necessary to carry around a drum fed SA shotgun with a cut down barrel? Holy crap that job sounds dangerous! Again, NEAT gun.

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Neat gun, but what the hell job is it necessary to carry around a drum fed SA shotgun with a cut down barrel? Holy crap that job sounds dangerous! Again, NEAT gun.

Armed security and PPO work. And no I won’t be carrying around a drum. LOL. I’m holding out for the upcoming MD products double stack saiga mags. But until then I’ll have a few 8 and 10 round sticks.

There’s quite a few security jobs and PPO gigs that allow you to carry shotguns. I already qualified for 12ga and I would much rather carry a chopped up semi auto than a chopped up pump.

Main reason I’m going the SBS route is for ease of carry and having the ability to deploy it from a vehicle much quicker than a full size pump.

We can’t carry rifles for security but we can carry a 12ga with buckshot or slugs. I’m going the slug route. If I need to engage a target beyond the 25-50 yard mark (as if that will ever happen, ie. active shooter scenario) I’d rather have the ability to engage the target with a bit more precision than a handgun. But again that kind of scenario is very unlikely.

I also will use it for hog hunting. Having a chopped up slug gun will make carrying in the field much easier, especially if I have to walk long distances.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not trying to piss in your corn flakes but that gun cut down might really be frowned upon by most employers. I wouldn't trade 6 of those for my Benelli M4 Entry/CQB 14". And if you really have your heart set on that type shotgun get a Tromix built one.

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Hon
    Not trying to piss in your corn flakes but that gun cut down might really be frowned upon by most employers. I wouldn't trade 6 of those for my Benelli M4 Entry/CQB 14". And if you really have your heart set on that type shotgun get a Tromix built one.

I don’t need to spend oodles or cash on a tromix. And if I was going to spend that kind of cash I’d get an Origin 12.

But either way, a couple of companies have said they don’t care what platform I use as long as it’s a shotgun, and it’s legal.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hon

I don’t need to spend oodles or cash on a tromix. And if I was going to spend that kind of cash I’d get an Origin 12.

But either way, a couple of companies have said they don’t care what platform I use as long as it’s a shotgun, and it’s legal.

If I'm going to be using it as a defensive weapon I want the most reliable gun I can find. Combat proven makes a bigger plus in my mind.

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    If I'm going to be using it as a defensive weapon I want the most reliable gun I can find. Combat proven makes a bigger plus in my mind.
    Well I now have over 1k shells through it with zero malfunctions. Onlycleaned at the 500 round mark. Any gun that can make it that many rounds is combat reliable.

And this was with Wal-Mart low brass target loads on the mid gas setting. This gun is dead nuts reliable.

Top Bottom