• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That $100 ATV of mine had at least 2 tires with flat spots, pumping them up to 30psi resolved it.

Pretty slick saw setup.
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What a night and day difference shaving the tires made. They are by no means perfect, but the ride is so much better. The ride was much quieter too with less squeaks and rattles.

I think as they wear in a little it will get better. After my hour test run they still had all the saw marks on them. I am also going to read up on some balancing techniques, whether it is liquid or solid I am not sure yet.

I tried beads and golf balls in my other truck but wasn't impressed. I think trailer weight flattening the tires a little was the biggest problem on them though. We shall see.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I sold my truck a while back as it was an expense that I didn't need and a headache that I didn't want. I bought my wife a Pathfinder as it suited our family needs well but I still needed a vehicle. For the first time in my life I didn't need a big truck to pull trailers constantly. I really didn't have any needs besides getting myself an hour away to jump in the company truck and head out of town.

So, I decided to get a toy. Well, kinda.

I have been looking at used military vehicles for a while and the right deal finally popped up.

Meet the m923a2. 6 wheel drive, 8.3l Cummins turbo diesel, and Allison transmission. A great combo of some of the best componants available.

It has the ability to forge water 8' deep and haul anything you could imagine. It also has the Central Tire Inflation System meaning I can air up or down the tires as I need with a built in air compressor. It is as awesome as you would think it could be. I just have to get it offroad and see what it can really do.

For now, just a picture in my driveway. I will get more up as I get it out and do some testing.

4885cd8af26fee11372b930f24b5b7f3.jpg
    Uncoiled, what became of your behemoth?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    It’s cool to go through as a new member. There’s a Texas guy on YouTube with one. He made some videos on his channel about it. His channel is called “Off the Ranch”.
    Yeah Matt Carriker. He also has another channel called Demolition Ranch and another called Vet Ranch. We went to the same high-school but didn't know each other. I think he was a grade ahead of me. That bobbed 5 ton is super sweet though.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I imagine his net income is a tad less than yours so at 4gpm, I applaud his decision.

Hurry up with the next project, many of us live vicariously through people like you.

Top Bottom