• ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Range report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I went to Eagle Peak finally I was trying to go to the range with one of my uncles to use the range that their PD uses but it has been in accessible because of the rain, so I finally decided I couldn't wait anymore. So I set my targets up on the 15 yard line and started out with 13 rounds of Hydra Shocks, they fed great and I hit the Birchwood casey with most of them. :rolleyes: Then I loaded up one of the 10 rounders with the 180 gr cci lawman ammo I picked up the week before. They did great. I shot one handed two handed and one handed with my support (left) hand, I hit the paper! LOL. I shot with my new flash light in my hand in shooting position. I was almost constantly shooting high and left so to diagnose the problem I dry fired a few times and sure enough I was jumping anticipating the recoil. :banghead::banghead: Why am I doing this I asked myself, I never could get a final answer from my self either. Go figure. So I loaded up again and went as slow and steady as I could. I got moe hits! So I concluded that the gun would hit whatever I pointed it at and me flinching is the only thing that threw the shots off. Great gun I love it, I'll give it two thumbs up!

Idk how big your hands are but check out my pics of how I altered my service to be more fitting in the other XD thread... Very easy to do with a dremel...
    Capitol Armory ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I've got pretty big hands, so I like the grips. I was twitching in anticipation of the recoil I guess subconsciously. I need to put more time in and practice with a handgun, I'm alright but I still suck.

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    Love mine!

listpics.asp

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't know about that Bi tone, You wouldn't be able to hit a damn thing. LOL! Sweet little range shooters but I try and stay away from ported anything for carry.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    The bi tone would be great if it had sites. LOL! I do have to admit that first one is kinda growing on me a little.

I knew it would Big Country... I've got Springfield's .45 Compact 1911 that is the V10 and the exhaust ports are awesome... I definitely would like the XD with the V10 modification... Quicker follow up shots without the regard for a high degree of muzzleflip... That second one the more I look at it is pretty retarded looking... Way too many unnecessary ports... Just leave is as a bi-tone, throw some sights on it and that sweet muzzle brake suddenly doesn't look sooooo bad...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    It's much easier on the hands at the range...
    Oh for sure, I'd love to have one set up like that for target shooting. But for carry you might have to shoot with the gun close to your body and with the flames flying you might get injured by the flames from the ports. Also the flames from the ports will ruin your night adjusted vision if you are forced to fire your weapon at night, if there is more than one attacker or you miss with the first shot you don't want to loose your night adjusted vision. And the last big one is that you are not likely to be wearing safety glasses in a defence situation and you might have to fire in an awkward position and send the flames into your face. But for target shooting muzzle brakes are pure gold if you put allot of rounds down range in a single sitting.

Top Bottom