• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    It's a POF that I've been waiting for.

I haven't taken her out for a date yet (at the range). Soon, soon...I just need to change the Stock to Magpul CTR, purchase a BUIS (front & back) and lots of ammo.

PA200124.jpg

PICS2007006.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sweet Cali! That looks great man! Hey, just curious but, would you be interested going with me to the Lone Star shooting range in Lockhart? I'm planning on going out there the 31st of this month (not this Saturday but next). I'll have my FAL by then. :) Obviously not nearly as cool as a SBR POF though lol. ;)

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Sweet Cali! That looks great man! Hey, just curious but, would you be interested going with me to the Lone Star shooting range in Lockhart? I'm planning on going out there the 31st of this month (not this Saturday but next). I'll have my FAL by then. :) Obviously not nearly as cool as a SBR POF though lol. ;)

Good chance I can go. PM me 2 days before that date. I'm very forgetful....

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Well, I took her out last weekend and I was really surprise how it shot everything I fed her. From 55g 5.56 Speer to 68g .223 Tap Hornady without any issues. The only problem was...I ran out of ammo. Also, the recoil was very smooth which makes your target acquisition a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong...It was nerve racking before I shot this thing. I was really nervous if it will fail or not. To my surprise it didn't with 200 rnds. I think that was a good start.

Cleaning this thing was also very fast and easy. I'm very happy with it and the customers service at POF is excellent. Best company I ever dealt with.

Sig_F,

No worries man, just give me a call when you get a chance.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Cali you nob... you had your reciever paperwork back before I did... :)

How do you like the POF GP upper?? I went old school with my SBR with a 10" LMT upper.

DSC00848.jpg

BTW, I forgot to ask you when I ran into you at the gun show, I notice that is a 416 reciever instead of a 415, you didn't get your hands on an auto sear did you?

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    BL,

I like it a lot with no failures yet. I still love my old school SBR's. Just trying to see what is Piston is all about.

Auto sear...I wish. Just plain SBR's man with FA (fake markings). If I'm not married with a kid then FA might have been my investments.

How you liking your LMT? I have been lucky so far with CMMG but their customers service just suck right now. I'm also liking the look on that VLTOR you got. Did you get it from Mooney's?

CALI

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I am loving the LMT. I only have about 3 mags through it so far (hate shooting indoors at Red's but ranges are lacking near Round Rock) as I just got the paperwork about 2 weeks ago and the receiver back from getting engraved last Friday.

I love the VLTOR mod stock, and it has a dual role... I have a copy of my Form 1 rolled up in one of the compartments on it in case I am aways away from my gun bag and get my paperwork checked.

I got pretty much everything on that lower from Mooney's, got lucky and stumbled on that upper at Heritage last week.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Nice...Hate indoors too. I really like your LMT upper and picking that up at Heritage...consider your self really BigLucky.

I've been looking at 10.5" but not so lucky finding one yet. I really like the LMT's but can't find them anymore. Good that it's working out for you with that new SBR.

I have a form 1 rolled in my Ergo Grip and maybe a couple more when I get a Vltor Stock (hehehehe).

Good to hear from you and man...you missed the last OP we attended. Austinites kick arse all day.

Later or maybe I'll see you at this coming gunshow.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yeah I am sure I will be there. We will need to go shooting..

Hopefully ATF is running smoother now, they cashed my check about a week ago for my AAC Suppressor. It is in 6.8 so I can run it on my SPR, but the M4-2000 is very good for SBR's too, so getting a 5.56 flash hider for the SBR for the QD can.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sweet setup Biglucky!

I'll contact you to hit up a range sometime before too long Cali. I just picked up my FAL friday, and then lost my job this weekend. ;) lol Damn government F'in up the economy.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Sweetness and I am jealous BL. I'm waiting too on another SBR that I sent out 2 weeks ago. They haven't cashed yet...After this I will definitely try another option (Trust) to get a suppressor for 5.56/.223. Since Williamson County won't sign one.

Sig_F,

Yup we should go to that range you and were talking about. Sorry to that you lost your sopurce of income. I hope you find one soon.

CALI

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yeah man, Quicken Willmaker is about 50 bucks online and takes about 20 minutes to set up your trust. Get Marimba to notarize it and send it off. My can is going to be the first thing owned by my trust.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    Where you at the chatroom again...Nothing special just installed an Entry RRA Buttstock. The shorty one... It really made it look SHORTER than a normal collabsable stock even though they are the same length. By the way I took her to Reds today with 100 rounds in tow. Man it was way to loud that people where actually annoyed by it. One guy even asked me if I was shooting a 6.8.

Still no issues except for one of my Magpul mag wouldn't hold the bolt back when its empty. But the rest are fine.

I will post pix when I get a chance.

CALI

Top Bottom