Join TexasGunTalk

My Observation

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Geezer, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geezer

Geezer Available For Parties TGT Supporter

Jul 23, 2019
    South Carolina (For Now)
    I have been here for about 2 months now. After we made a decision to start making plans to move to Texas, I searched for a Texas 2A forum. I happened onto TGT, looked around, liked what I saw, and decided this was the place that I wanted to be.

I liked the laid back, friendly, and drama-free atmosphere here. Almost immediately I decided to become a supporting member. If I was going to hang out here and absorb information and entertainment, I wanted to do my part to help and keep the lights turned on.

As I look around every day, I am really surprised at the members that have been around a while and have a high post count and are not supporting members. For a very small fee anyone can help support the forum and insure it will be here next time we log in. We all benefit from the experiences and knowledge of each other by asking questions or just lurking around. This place is one of the best bargains on the internet.

Davetex, Bozz10mm, skfullen and 6 others like this.
  2. FireInTheWire

FireInTheWire Come and get it TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2018
    Big Country
    I concur with everything you said.

Davetex and Dad_Roman like this.
  3. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The founders sold it a while back. New owners are not gun people and make money from advertising. I don't think they need charity.

4. mamboloco

mamboloco Member

Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Welcome to TGT. I too joined recently and liked the group and the content here. Hopefully I can contribute more as I learn and be of help to others.

5. Geezer

Geezer Available For Parties TGT Supporter

Jul 23, 2019
    South Carolina (For Now)
    I was a member of a forum that was sold to Canadians. The same day, myself and a few others started our own forum. We vowed to never sell nor make a profit. We do not have ads with the exception of our supporting sponsors that are also members. Any money made would go back into the forum and to it's members. On our first anniversary, we had a drawing and gave the winning lucky member a Ruger 10/22 Takedown rifle.
    We have given a lot back to our members and we have some of the best people in the world supporting us.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    We have give aways here occasionally.

7. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As for the supporting/life member thing, some folks here give back to the members in ways not necessarily seen on the screen.

But fine since you really did put it rather eloquently, I'll pony up a few bucks.(It's really just so I don't get my ass chewed out again)

TxStetson, Davetex, Bozz10mm and 4 others like this.
  8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    How much is my time worth when I often research laws, case laws, etc., to help other members?

9. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Takin' food away from my kiddlins ya know. GGGRRMMMBBBLLL grmmbbll grrr

TxStetson, texcross and Dad_Roman like this.
  10. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    While I would never pressure anyone to send their money, the advertising revenue is a troublesome issue given how google, etc treat everything firearms related. It’s part of the reason some really strange ads have popped up in the past.

I’ll also say that the “new” owner is a great guy. The forums day to day activities are overseen by members who have a long history here and we are fully supported by the owner. He’s about as much of a gun guy as possible. I don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.