Texas SOT

My preparation and gear for power outages.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    In the fall I usually prepare and check my gear. Made a video of some of the stuff I have bought in case power goes out. Winters can bad as summer without power. Be it small items, big items, or knowing options like your vehicle for heat/cold/power to a generator, solar, or buddy heater.

DK Firearms

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I'd have to say the main talking points is "Budget" and "what's important to you."

More know what options are out there and be prepared vs cry about things like the power going out.

From my time in the Texas National Guard and as a Texas Peace Officer, it always amazed me how government dependent and non self reliant some people are, to go a few hours or days without power. There are lots of options people can do to prepare and not panic over a minor inconvenience.

For the Katrina and Rita Hurricane missions it was interesting to see how rural folks were fine, and city people thought it was the end of the world.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    It’s been said that society is 9 meals away from collapse.
    That’s basically just 3 days without food.

Dealing with hungry people with little hope for relief be a challenge for those of us with stored food.
    All the reason to not let your neighbors know about it.
    My wife keeps telling me we should get together with neighbors to "pool our resources" I'm of the opinion that as long as you have everything you need, why pool resources? If it comes to a SHTF situation, I'm not sharing my shit with neighbors that are not prepared, and diminish our supplies.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More know what options are out there and be prepared vs cry about things like the power going out.

From my time in the Texas National Guard and as a Texas Peace Officer, it always amazed me how government dependent and non self reliant some people are, to go a few hours or days without power. There are lots of options people can do to prepare and not panic over a minor inconvenience.

For the Katrina and Rita Hurricane missions it was interesting to see how rural folks were fine, and city people thought it was the end of the world.
    Yes sir! I work for the power company. There isn't a big enough pacifier in the world to keep some of the folks from crying. I'm really surprised people can even wipe their own arse's. Americans are so outta touch with the rest of the world, makes me sick to my stomach. Power is not a right. It's a privilege. People have been spoiled for too long and have lost touch with that. Hell, I worked the Round Rock storm couple months ago. I got so sick of hearing these little whiny, full grow ass adults cry about not having power for 3 days and how it's cold out. Really? How bout you STFU, learn to CYA and not rely on an outside entity for your wellbeing. Don't get me started on this shit....

I live in BFE and on the very tail end of my co-op. You learn to CYA quickly.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    All the reason to not let your neighbors know about it.
    My wife keeps telling me we should get together with neighbors to "pool our resources" I'm of the opinion that as long as you have everything you need, why pool resources? If it comes to a SHTF situation, I'm not sharing my shit with neighbors that are not prepared, and diminish our supplies.
    I’ve got a prepper plan with a few like-minded neighbors.
    But we don’t broadcast it to the world.

We each have our own supplies, so it’s mostly protection/security.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    It’s been said that society is 9 meals away from collapse.
    That’s basically just 3 days without food.

Dealing with hungry people with little hope for relief be a challenge for those of us with stored food.

Things get crazy when power goes out. And with everything being reliant on electricity, stores can’t process credit/debit cards, and most will not ring up products for cash either. They just close. Fuel, food, etc is cut off. Many people have bare shelves at home, and stuff in the fridge/freezer goes bad quick.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To say I'm on a shoestring budget would imply that I can afford shoestrings.
    1679504188512.png

Stop being such a hood rat and keep them on your feet

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Back in the day, friends who lived in rough parts of town said shoes hanging from power/phone lines was a sign for “buy drugs here”.

I dunno...when I was a kid there were shoes tossed over the power lines all along the street we lived on - mostly because there was a pair of 17 year old brothers who were jackasses and would steal shoes to toss over power lines!

Top Bottom